How to manage Wireless Networks in windows 8

johnse7en

In earlier versions of windows that was easy to manage wireless networks but there is no such option in windows 8 control panel and this feature is being removed now in windows 8 to mange wireless networks. There are some CMD commands available to manage wireless networks profiles bt the aren't so helpful.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

01.) First, navigate to Services and ensure that the WLAN AutoConfig (WlanSvc) service is on Automatic.

02.) Then, run the following command using an elevated Command Prompt:-

netsh wlan show profiles

01.) First, navigate to Services and ensure that the WLAN AutoConfig (WlanSvc) service is on Automatic.

02.) Then, run the following command using an elevated Command Prompt:-

netsh wlan show profiles

To see stored wireless profiles, type:

" netsh wlan show profiles"

To see the stored key (WPA/WEP/etc) of a specific profile:

netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear

You'll find the key content under security settings.

To delete a stored profile:

netsh wlan delete profile name=[profile name]

One of my problem:

I've created 3 wireless profiles their names " TP-LINK1 TP-LINK1 2 TP-LINK1 2 3"

For example: I want to delete two profiles of them so i'll use this command " netsh wlan delete profile name=TP-LINK1" this command will successfully delete TP-LINK1

now with the same command when I tried to delete the second one "TP-LINK1 2" it failed to delete reason there is space between "1 2'

my problem is!!! this delete command doesn't delete profiles which have space between them

TP-LINK1 = deleted cause no space

TP-LINK1 2 = failed to delete cause space between TP-LINK1 and 2

One of my problem:

I've created 3 wireless profiles their names " TP-LINK1 TP-LINK1 2 TP-LINK1 2 3"

For example: I want to delete two profiles of them so i'll use this command " netsh wlan delete profile name=TP-LINK1" this command will successfully delete TP-LINK1

now with the same command when I tried to delete the second one "TP-LINK1 2" it failed to delete reason there is space between "1 2'

my problem is this command doesn't delete profiles which have space between them

TP-LINK1 = deleted cause no space

TP-LINK1 2 = failed to delete cause space between TP-LINK1 and 2

To delete the 2nd profile use the following command:-

netsh wlan delete profile name="TP-LINK1 2"

To delete the 3rd profile use the following command:-

netsh wlan delete profile name="TP-LINK1 2 3"

And how to use this one please with detail " netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear"

That command will merely display that security key for the associated profile that's out of range of the network.

And how to use this one please with detail " netsh wlan show profiles name=[profile name] key=clear"

That command will merely display that security key for the associated profile that's out of range of the network.

Yas I know but how to use plz give an example

Thanks,

Archived