Has anyone tried the metro version of firefox?

Levo

Hi,

I have downloaded the firefox-21.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer,installation works fine but on opening firefox from the start screen, it always leads to the desktop version of the browser and not the modern ui.

Searched the net and all I could find was that one has to make the nightly the default browser to make the metro work,but for me it does not work inspite of nightly being the default browser.

Uninstalled, removed the profile from appdata,reinstalled but no metro go.

What is your experience? and any suggestion to make it work?

I am on win 8 pro witn wmc x64 bit with the 64 bit nightly.

• Replies 5
  • Views 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have downloaded the firefox-21.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer,installation works fine but on opening firefox from the start screen, it always leads to the desktop version of the browser and not the modern ui.

Searched the net and all I could find was that one has to make the nightly the default browser to make the metro work,but for me it does not work inspite of nightly being the default browser.

Uninstalled, removed the profile from appdata,reinstalled but no metro go.

What is your experience? and any suggestion to make it work?

I am on win 8 pro witn wmc x64 bit with the 64 bit nightly.

Ever read Mozillazine forums? Just open up program called Run and paste this and hit enter

"C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -metrodesktop

And for a reminder this Alpha stage Metro version uses different profile, it's located here >

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\MetroFirefox\Profiles\

Ever read Mozillazine forums? Just open up program called Run and paste this and hit enter

"C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -metrodesktop

And for a reminder this Alpha stage Metro version uses different profile, it's located here >

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\MetroFirefox\Profiles\

@pr1xsel

Still no go,

"C:\Program Files\Nightly\firefox.exe" -metrodesktop ............... still opens the desktop version.

And my profile does not have a MetroFirefox folder,it's simply Firefox

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\MetroFirefox\Profiles\ ............... not found insted what i have is;;

C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

Archived