uTorrent Question

Knightmare

In order to fix a problem I was having with uTorrent, I was instructed to delete the dat files in the uTorrent appdata folder. When I did this, it fixed the problem; however, I had to reassociate all of my torrent files with the program. I got all of the torrents associated with uTorrent, but uTorrent is now downloading torrents that should already be complete. For example, I fully download a movie and it has been complete for about 2 weeks. I had to reassociate the file and now it's downloading again! My question is, do I have to let this download complete before I can watch my movie, or do I have the full file and uTorrent is incorrect?

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

1. Make sure they are selected to save the files where the files are originally stored.
  2. Pause the torrent(s).
  3. Right click the torrent and click "Force Re-check".

1) It looks like they're downloading to the same place

2) Paused torrents

3) Force re-check option is greyed-out. :wtf:

I had to reassociate the file and now it's downloading again! My question is, do I have to let this download complete before I can watch my movie, or do I have the full file and uTorrent is incorrect?

I'd wonder why you'd be unable to watch those movies - if they're downloaded just move them to wherever you generally archive them.

BTW, that DAT you deleted contained your settings. ;)

I had to reassociate the file and now it's downloading again! My question is, do I have to let this download complete before I can watch my movie, or do I have the full file and uTorrent is incorrect?

I'd wonder why you'd be unable to watch those movies - if they're downloaded just move them to wherever you generally archive them.

BTW, that DAT you deleted contained your settings. ;)

Yes I see that now. B)

Your going to end up with a bald spot on the top of your head trying to figure this out . Save yourself some time and trouble just uninstall it and then reinstall it

Your going to end up with a bald spot on the top of your head trying to figure this out . Save yourself some time and trouble just uninstall it and then reinstall it

That did nothing. It's still doing the same thing. Should I remove the settings?

You didn't select your file location properly. For each torrent you need to select location where files were downloaded and uTorrent should automatically recognize that and start re-checking.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

What mara- said ^^. However, sometimes, sometimes it doesn't auto re-check.

I've been there, done that.

Anyway, instead of pause, use "stop". ;)

Can I interupt to ask if this is better than Bitcomit?

Bitcomet seemed faster to me, but it was also bogged down with a lot of crap.

Yeah Knightmare: I never liked utorrent but Bitcomit seems to have its own problems lately. Better the devil u knoe than the devil u do not though.

Yeah Knightmare: I never liked utorrent but Bitcomit seems to have its own problems lately. Better the devil u knoe than the devil u do not though.

What was wrong with uTorrent?

Well Bitcomet was faster for me, but big.

uTorrent is smaller, but a little slower. Not much though. Then again, I'm in no hurry to get my torrents anyway.

Archived