[Solved] - Restoring Back Ups in Driver Genius Pro .

majithia23

So , i m trying to restore my back up of drivers made from Driver Genius Pro , with Driver Genius Pro ,

but after selecting the back up and hitting next ,

the next message i get is -- " Please register this copy . Only registered copies can restore the entire back ups . Else only display and network drivers will be restored . "

I downloaded the Driver Genius Pro from FP and used the posted REPT crack to fix it and it says registered to REPT in the About page .

So , what is it with registering this copy ?

Asks for a serial :think:

What kind of fixing a software is this !?

Any help guys .....

PS ---

I updated my drivers with the program about a week back and all was fine , until today when i tried to hook up my laptop with my TV via HDMI , it failed .

And then i noticed even the HDMI Audio playback is also gone .

It was there under playback devices before but not now .

What more --- I checked more and even the webcam has stopped working . Not even identifiable !

I tried certain remedies on lil level , but nothing worked , so i guess restoring the back up is the best way to go .

But , the bloody "fixed" program is asking for more fixing ........

So , any help ......

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my advice, drop the use of driver genius, dl aida, google the manufacturer's homepage and the dl drivers corresponding to your system config from there.

aida64 + google + your brain > everything else

If it registered properly it should be able to restore the drivers. (The fix should work) Any version will do, I think.

Use a key from the list and then crack, if that's still the fix. Have you tried the portable version as well?

If not try http://www.ma-config.com

edit. Sorry you probably have a newer one REPT?

I've stopped using these driver packs - they are over-zealous and over-anxious to impress upon Customers that their existing drivers are outdated. I always find these driver packs insisting that there are updates available.

Thanks for the replies guys .

I manually troubleshooted and resolved the issue instead of trying to figure out how to restore it from the stupid program ....

Took me a lil long . But i guess it worked .

I have the desired HD controls back , will check in the morning if all works well after hooking it up with External Audio and Video hardware .

Although the webcam is still not working ! :doh:

( will more troubleshoot in the morning ........ )

So much for using a GENIUS program ! <_<

unknownasphyxiated

this rept crack is not a fully working crack

they just crack so that you can use the main function which is update driver

NOTE:
Ofcourse we know that the option "My Downloads"
doesn't work in the way as it should be, but it still works :)
If you have really problems with this, I love to say this:
Open your wallet, buy it and support the authors of this
great program!

:lol:

someone there

I never used any third party software to update my drivers. I just use device manager and let windows search for the drivers and install them

This thread brought to me these questions :

Why Microsoft doesn't included a driver back function to allow you to back up your drivers after successfully updating ? They include system backup .. but what about backup to only drivers

Is there any software to allow you just to backup your drivers and restore them the normal way via Device manager ?

Or is there any work around to find these drivers and backup them and restore them via device manager ?

unknownasphyxiated

there are script that can backup driver and restore through device manager but it doesn't have the ability to exclude M$ own drivers which are unneeded

driver genius pro can update,backup and find missing driver

what happen here, he is using a broken crack,not a genuine license

that why the restore failed

why m$ not creating driver backup software??
just look what happen to windows live one care
m$ can build OS but doesn't meant they can build all software

Why Microsoft doesn't included a driver back function to allow you to back up your drivers after successfully updating ? They include system backup .. but what about backup to only drivers

Microsoft has included it. ;)

Is there any software to allow you just to backup your drivers and restore them the normal way via Device manager ?

Use any backup software (except these silly driver packs) and then use the Files & Folders wizard for the backup project (not limited to drivers.)

someone there

Microsoft has included it. ;)

>>Is there any software to allow you just to backup your drivers and restore them the normal way via Device manager ?

Use any backup software (except these silly driver packs) and then use the Files & Folders wizard for the backup project (not limited to drivers.)

You said Microsoft has included it . where is it ?

In my search I found out a very useful small program called "double driver" and above that it is free, using this small pro can back up and restore drivers .. I will give it a try

Double Driver Features
  • List, save, and print drivers details
  • Backup drivers from current Windows
  • Backup drivers from non-live/non-booting Windows
  • Backup drivers to structured folders, compressed (zipped)

folder, and self-extracting capability

• Restore drivers from previous backup
  • Available in GUI and CLI application
  • Portable (no installation required)

link: http://www.boozet.org/dd.htm

there are script that can backup driver and restore through device manager but it doesn't have the ability to exclude M$ own drivers which are unneeded

driver genius pro can update,backup and find missing driver

what happen here, he is using a broken crack,not a genuine license

that why the restore failed

why m$ not creating driver backup software??

just look what happen to windows live one care

m$ can build OS but doesn't meant they can build all software

I agree with you to some limits but the drivers are essential for any system to perform well, there for they should include a function to allow backup drivers .. They include update devise driver function so they can include a backup devise drivers as well .

Archived