Alternative for Windows system restore

DeHaos

I need a program that is similar to Rollback, but i can't use Rollback because it can't let me defrag with Diskeeper 12. So i need a program that is similar to one i mention above but to allow me to defrag with Diskeeper 12.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure to defrag the protected partitions outside shadow mode B)

As there are no options for members to vote , so the thread has been moved into the Software chat section .

Shadow Defender :) Yup

Shadow Defender is a crap. It is only good when you have been attacked by malware.

I am telling you about registry changes, BSOD, something like that.

Even so Shadow Defender doesn't have like Rollback does boot-up menu. With Shadow Defender you can't do that so how can i restore it in previous state with it?

Better for you to decide if you want RollBack or Diskeeper. :rolleyes:

Is there an alternative?

Geswall, Bufferzone, Syswatch. Or start making regular images. Maybe an incremental backup.

You don't need a defragger running all the time, unless you are installing software constantly, in which case Rollback isn't the right sort of program.

pweeseonichan

All these rollback softwares are gabage that probably won't work 100 % in case of malware problems and decrease your system performance. just put windows installer on a usb key and reinstall when having problems. I also recommand you keep a backup of your files on an external drive using the echo feature of synctoy. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15155

Archived