Anyone suffers my issue with Skype WLM?

mazigh

Hi all,

I installed the latest version of Skype WLM, which during installation deleted my WLMessenger app... I wanted to connect to my WLM account via SKYPE but it doesn't work! cause my msn is as [email protected], I tried an old account with [email protected] and it worked!, I have concluded that Skype app doesn't recognize the @msn domain! but .. at the same time skype website accepted my sign in!!.. so can someone has that problem? and how to solve it?

thanks in advance

Screenshot of Skype answer after the connect attempt fail

eOfUHsQ.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My email was also at msn.com but I did not have your problem. make sure you click the link that says sign in with Microsoft account, also I have heard some people getting errors when their skype account uses the same email address as their Microsoft account email but generally it works out after a few tries. Maybe you can try uninstalling all components of WLM and Skype and then reinstall the latest Skype and try again.

My email was also at msn.com but I did not have your problem. make sure you click the link that says sign in with Microsoft account, also I have heard some people getting errors when their skype account uses the same email address as their Microsoft account email but generally it works out after a few tries. Maybe you can try uninstalling all components of WLM and Skype and then reinstall the latest Skype and try again.

Thanks for the reply, Yes! my Skype account was created using the same msn that I want to connect =), Do Have I change my Skype's msn?

I had a ton of problems with skype+wlm.

I reinstalled/uninstalled them both several times.

Now everything is working, not sure why. My email is also @msn.com.

hello again, I'm 99% sure that the issue happens to everyone who at the first time connect by his msn... then clic on "I'm new to Skype" option instead of "I have a Skype account", but the main prob now is how to solve it! ^_^

Example:

WLM%20Blog%201.png

• 1 month later...

Well, Finally I could solve it!, to share it for people who may suffer this:

1- Open ESET

2- Go to "Advanced Settings" (Press F5)

3- Web and email > Protocol filtering > Excluded applications and Select the Skype app, Save and Done!

The issue was caused by ESET Smart Security not Skype!

PS: The Error message were exactly "Sorry, We didn't recognize your sign in details. Please check..."

Archived