µTorrent to Halite or qBittorrent

GreenMan

I am using an older version of µTorrent, but want to make the leap to Halite or qBittorrent. My problem is that I am currently seeding a massive, and I mean massive amount of torrents. I have done some googling and can't find a way to transfer these over without a lot of trouble.. Have any of you guys and gals found an easier way to do this? nsaners, you have my eternal gratitude yes or no. :D

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pweeseonichan

some private trackers only allow utorrent so u might want to keep it. Anyway i'm curious why you would want to go to qbittorrent ? I know halite is very light and responsive but why qbittorrent ?

I especially want to switch to Halite for being native 64bit and for the reasons you mentioned. qBittorrent is just there because it's updated and I have heard good things about it. I'm using µTorrent 2.2.1 and want to move away from it because of security issues both mine and the programs. :D I don't like the direction BitTorrent Inc. is moving (has moved) and can't help but wondering if using such an old version of µTorrent is insecure in itself.

The private trackers I use accept both as far as I've been able to check. My mainstays do anyway. :D

• Administrator

Transferring of torrents is not possible I believe.

I'll recommend qBitTorrent, it and Tixati are said to be the best uTorrent replacement out there.

If you don't care for ratio on your client, first configure the new one properly, and select it to sync all the .torrent files and pause them files and verify each of them / make sure they are in properly place, then start seeding them again. If you are used to torrent clients, you'll know what I'm saying. ;)

Tixati would be my first choice, but my private torrent sites don't accept it, unfortunetly.. :( Thanks for the tips guys. I assumed that was going to be the way I had to do it, but I hoped it wasn't true. :D

• 1 month later...

I made the switch to Deluge some months ago - no regrets. uTorrent was seriously messing my HDD with its bad read/write activities. It wasn't easy - I had to pick up the torrents I downloaded and load them up in Deluge - it was a bit of a hustle at first, but it was totally worth it. And Deluge is widely accepted in most trackers.

Archived