MagicRAR 8.0 The Next-Generation Archiver for Windows FREE for 1 Week

spidey

MagicRAR GIVEAWAY

In cooperation with Simon King from magicrar.com Tipradar offers MagicRAR completely FREE to all its blog readers for the next 7 days starting from January 20, so there are still 4 days remaining .

About MagicRAR

MagicRAR is produced by Simon King`s Utilities Group Pty Ltd., a Microsoft BizSpark startup company.

MagicRAR offers many tools not available in other archive management tools. These include MagicRAR Drive Press, a full disk compressor utility along with many other.

Main Features

Archive Creation made quite easy.

Guaranteed Smallest Archives

Outlook Previews

Outlook Attachment Compression

MagicRAR Drive Press

Shine and Polish

Stand Alone Applications

Just leave a comment on the Giveaway page along with your email address. You will then get your license along with the download link once the giveaway ends.

http://www.tipradar.com/giveaway-magicrar-8-0-the-next-generation-archiver-for-windows-free-for-1-week.html

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A free Giveaway would always be a better option, Go for it.

It can be confusing, provided too many features.

LOL! I tried this mainly because of the Outlook plugin, but it only works with Outlook 2000, 2002 or 2003. What a piece of crap! :D

Well this is particularly annoying... I have a new mission: Remove all instances of the name Simon King from this software :king: :duh:

Well this is particularly annoying... I have a new mission: Remove all instances of the name Simon King from this software :king: :duh:

The guy clearly has some ego issues he needs to resolve.

The guy clearly has some ego issues he needs to resolve.

Yep. His software is very good, no denying that. However, I don't see why you need to plaster and name the software after yourself. Ok, you made it, put yourself in the credits as much as you want. Users don't wanna see your name all over the place :spam:

You gotta love BS like "Next-Generation Archiver"..

Personally, I like HaoZip. It's a free WinRAR clone with a lot more features.

haozip really smooth!i am using too :lol:

A great idea:

But=>

"Only zip, 7z and tar archives can be created by Haozip, the remaining formats can only be unpacked."

Some folks (like myself...) prefer to stick with RAR archives exclusively; so if the HaoZip folks add the ability to make RAR files, -or- release a portable version, it will be useful.

(I did try to unpack their EXE, but UE could only extract a bunch of gibberish from it...)

A great idea:

But=>

"Only zip, 7z and tar archives can be created by Haozip, the remaining formats can only be unpacked."

Some folks (like myself...) prefer to stick with RAR archives exclusively; so if the HaoZip folks add the ability to make RAR files, -or- release a portable version, it will be useful.

(I did try to unpack their EXE, but UE could only extract a bunch of gibberish from it...)

Why? What do you gain from RAR that you don't from Zip or 7z? Zip offers the most compatibility and 7z offers better compression (if you need it).

I for one never needed to compress anything to any other format, but that's just me ;-)

It's simple really:

Why? What do you gain from RAR that you don't from Zip or 7z?

With WinRAR (which can be had at the same 'cost' as HaoZip at certain places...), all I do is make a 'green' copy of the regged one, and it is small and always on a stick in me pocket.

So, if I visit somebody who doesn't have it, and it is needed, just copy it quickly, visit it's settings one time to integrate it's functions, and it is all ready to use.

7Z is OK; and UE does most everything too (also on my stick), and zip is easy enough with WinRAR anyhow - and nothing I do needs extra compression...so why not stick with what works for me - why change just for change's own sake ?!?

If someone wants to zip up a copy of HaoZip's folder(s) and share it here, I'll enjoy trying it via 'green' mode, but I don't have any actual need for installing it.

You are much true about your review of it.

Even i use 7-zip for most of my archives, but given a free opportunity iit won't be bad anyday to have a backup of a legitimate version that comes as a freebie.

"Next Generation Archiver" claim credits to the Manufacturer, although it may rightly be BS :) :cheers:

They sent out the reg for this thing and I got mine today.

Not in any huge hurry to try it out though on account of what folks have posted in this thread.

Personally, I'll be in a hurry to try HaoZip and MagicRAR if/when they have portable/green versions.

Installing stuff just to check it out has gone the way of the dodo.

Yes, I know - I could sandbox or virtualize it - but why go to the effort unless it's something really needed ?!?

Why use winrar you ask is there any other compression software that offers all the same options?

071674c7062ffc3c458d07ef802321fb.png

Great got my key. Go to download it and.....

uTfRKsf.png

Trafficlight :rolleyes:

Checks out clean. I forgot I'd installed trafficlight until now

Had the same warning from BitDefender too

52e0ca79ffc5794caa17b3ccc1eb5bce.png

Archived