USB Safely Remove Lifetime Serial

Shadowcached

Hello to everyone!

Today I stumbled upon an old article about a USB Safely Remove givaway.

In the comments section, poster sachet shared a serial which, based on my testing, not only works with the latest version (5.1.3.1186 as of this writing), but is also a lifetime serial, meaning it will be valid for all future updates!

(That is of course, unless someone breaks the news to the company and they decide to take action.)

Do note that the version I've had installed on my PC and tested this on, not only was downloaded from the official site, but has had its trial period expired two months ago. Four hours and a restart after entering, and it still works fine!

Anyone interested in testing this as well?

The aforementioned comment:

Site: http://paste2.org

Sharecode:  /p/2609520 [?]

A .txt file with the username and serial, in case the comment gets deleted:

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode:  /?bllvr0rxq381rb6 [?]

[un]necessary Long Explanation:

(Because I've too much spare time and I find this FUN! :P)

SafelyRemove has three types of licencing:

• Personal: Private usage only, One user / multiple computers
  • Commercial: Commercial usage, One license per computer
  • Unlimited Site: Commercial usage, One company / all computers
Each license is lifetime usage and yearly upgrades.

What this means is that after you purchase the program for the first time, you get updates for a year; when the year is up, the updates end, but you are still free to use your current version for life.

This also means that if your last licensed upgrade was, say, 4.2, then if you need to reinstall, you'll have to use the 4.2 installer for your serial to work -downloading the updated 4.7 won't do. If you want to upgrade again, you'll have to buy another year, and so on...

Now, here's the nice touch: in contrast with the other two, Personal has the additional option for a one-time, lifetime upgrades purchase, which is exactly what the above license is.

What does this mean? It means that the license can be used in multiple computers, can always upgrade to the latest version, and since it is a one-time purchase, will not expire -ever! :D

Could it be blacklisted?

Perhaps, but not necessarily. Since this belongs to a legitimate customer, simply nixing it is probably not going to happen. They could always reassign them a new serial, i guess, but not knowing how their license indexing works, I'm merely speculating.

Lastly, but certainly not leastly, as far as the number of computers is concerned, this serial has been on a public space for almost 2 years and is still valid, which probably means that:

a) the company does not monitor the number of computers for these cases,

b) the company does monitor the number of computers, but does not take action, or

c) the company does monitor the number of computers and will take action, but as it happens the serial hasn't circulated that much on the internet to draw attention.

All in all, I find it a safe bet.

Fun Fact: In the article this comment can be found, the author had apparently posted their own personal serial, which prompted a company representative to ask them to remove it! Lol! A year and half and 8 comments later, this serial is posted, and two years later still, it works nonetheless!

Please raise your glass for irony! :cheers:

This was a fun post to write. and I'm totally in need of a girlfriend

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

confirmed working with the latest version

guess I'll update the serial on the fp with this one

thanks for pointing it out :dance:

Not really sure why, but I can try a few things to see if this can happen to me too. I may be offline for [quite a long] a while but I will get back to you.

it prob uses some service to connect to the net so that's why it get's un-registered

try blocking the site via host and see if it stays registered

I did not block USB safely remove with a firewall and and i m still registered after restart :D

Sorry for my bad English :unsure:

After restarting the system it says unregistered. :wtf:

the same here ...

W7HP64SP1

Same here (blocked with firewal prior registration).

But after enter serial again applications stay registered...at least for now :D .

So you could try to register it again.

And yes, everyone should turn off automatic updates.

nice share, let me try ;)

Hi , the serial works on my pc:

Posted Image

Windows 8 Pro WMC x86.

If returns trial, just enter serial again in offline mode (disconnect internet). Then block with firewall: USBSafelyRemove.exe and USBSRService.exe

Hi , the serial works on my pc:

Posted Image

Windows 8 Pro WMC x86.

If returns trial, just enter serial again in offline mode (disconnect internet). Then block with firewall: USBSafelyRemove.exe and USBSRService.exe

Still works?

Just came home and after starting PC nice message popups to tell that Usb Safely Remove trial ends in next 20 days :D .

Anyone have similar message?

Just came home and after starting PC nice message popups to tell that Usb Safely Remove trial ends in next 20 days :D .

Anyone have similar message?

+1 same here.

Sorry for being absent for so long, RL issues and all...

I see there is a crack now on the front page, which is great! Especially since everything I've tried so far brought no results.

First things first:

If, for whatever reason, you decide to use the serial instead of the crack, then whenever the nag screen appears, click on the 'enter serial' button and then click 'cancel'.

No need to re-enter the serial, and the days left for expiration will remain stuck at 20. (At least, that is my experience after 5 days. Not sure what happens after 20)

Things I've tried:

• Blocking USBSafelyRemove.exe, USBSRService.exe and usr.exe from accessing the internet - didn't work
  • Disconnect my pc from the internet - as above
  • Search the USBSR forums - someone had the same problem with 4.5.2, but the thread's cut abruptly. Either they fixed it, or continued the discussion outside the forum, or the asker used this particular serial also. :P
  • Tried the serial with previous versions - it is accepted, with varying results: in 4.7 the nag screen won't go away even for a millisecond. In 4.1 there seemed to be no problem, but... it's 4.1. :P
  • Used Sandboxdiff on a sandboxed install - found out it uses ASProtection, tried to bypass it mannually, but after failing, googling, and reading, realised this is waaaaaay out of my league. :blink:
  • Last resort: Trial reset - finds ASProtect entries, removes them, seemed to work at first; the entries reappeared after restart, though, along with the nag screen.

I'm wondering if this was a test license, seeing as it is always stuck with 20 days...

It seems I'm stumped then, but since there's a crack already, no use going around in circles.

So: use the crack, it's easier! ;)

Alternatively, click 'enter serial', then 'cancel' to make the nag screen go away.

Question to the mods: if the serial is to be kept on the front page, would it be possible for the nag-acreen-go-away instructions to be included in the readme?

PS: There was a 4.7 givaway posted, but it was removed, how come? It seemed OK (gave me the idea of trying the serial on older versions)...

Archived