IDM bug

rudrax

Why IDM encounters this error? I'm having this error while downloading files from Furk.net.

Posted Image

• Replies 38
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why IDM encounters this error? I'm having this error while downloading files from Furk.net.

Posted Image

Same here dude :s I started to leave fu**.net and switch to zbigz.com B)

rudrax correct the title from IMD to IDM - you'll draw more members in and a possible solution (sorry, can't help.) ;)

Just a wild shot in the dark - I suspect one of the software in your security system is scanning those downloads (my bet would be your AntiVirus.)

Just an heads-up (not recommended for n00bs):-

I exclude my 2 download directories from scanning by my full security system:

• C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Roaming\IDM\DwnlData\*.*
  • D:\Downloads (this directory may differ in your system.)

Redirection problem as Rocketman said " its antivirus problem" , It use DNS to scan in and out going traffic and it make IDM confused to which link to fallow .

edit:

Zbigz and Furk Alternatives :

https://put.io/

http://bruzzy.com/

http://www.bitlet.org/

https://zzlbox.com/

I recommand usenet : usenet.nl ( Full speed download ) :)

Data corruption problem

IDM started to download the file using one connection because of data corruption when newly received data in several connections did not match the same data downloaded earlier.
IDM started to download the file from the beginning since data was corrupted because newly received data did not match the same data downloaded earlier.
When IDM downloads a file using several connections, IDM requests several bytes more for every file part to match the adjacent file part data which was downloaded by another connection. When IDM resumes a download, it falls back on several bytes and compares the beginning on new data with the end of old data downloaded earlier. When the data does not match, IDM will re-download the non-matching file part from the beginning. When the data does not match in several connections, IDM will start downloading the file from scratch using one connection.

The corruption of data may happen because of the following reasons:

1. Firewalls, antiviral and other security software control the process of downloading from network and writing data to disks. These programs interfere in opening network connections and in file creation process. When IDM wants to write received data to files, security programs first pass all data through their internal buffers where they scan data for possible viruses. Several firewalls and some antiviral software mix the data of different connections, and thus they mix file parts. For example, several versions of Eset NOD have this problem. When IDM opens several files quickly in one thread, it mixes file descriptors. Also many other cases are known when security programs caused a data corruption. Note that even disabling the security program may not help because they still have their drivers in memory which do this job in background. Users reported successful problem resolution only after uninstalling a security program.

Note that IDM cannot in any way bypass a security program when downloading or saving files, and data corruption does not depend on IDM.

Many firewall and antiviral programs gives IDM maximum access rights on downloading and writing to disks during first IDM installation. But after IDM updates, security software may see that IDM executable file has changed and starts to block access or turns on detailed download/write verification without user notification. In this case customers report high CPU load, timeouts, and several customers reported data corruption.

2. Different "Internet accelerators" or "video accelerators" may also interfere in a download process. They also may cause the same problems just like security software

3. Such problems are possible with proxy servers either set in IDM or transparent proxy servers that can be used by your Internet provider. In this case try to change the proxy server, try another Interney provider, or use VPN.

4. If IDM downloads from the majority of sites without a problem, but has a problem with specific site(s), then the problem is in the site(s). There are sites which send incorrect data on resume, or the site always send files from scratch. In this case please contact site(s) administrators.

5. This problem is possible if you used some crack for IDM. After installing the genuine version of IDM and registering it with valid serial number problem should disappear.

Source 1
Source 2

Try without using IDM, it should be ok, or if you wish to experiment try using previous IDM version.

It's not happening here, without IDM, so we can exclude Furk.net.

Few more possibilities:
Try temporary disabling AV, if AV detected file you will get same error, also try temporary disabling Firewall as well.

To be merged...

Merged. :)

Also,

5. This problem is possible if you used some crack for IDM. After installing the genuine version of IDM and registering it with valid serial number problem should disappear. ^_^

Try without using IDM, it should be ok, or if you wish to experiment try using previous IDM version.

Disagree ! Cracks are just alocate some JMP fonction and modify some memory commands to make app works but network problems are made by redrection or firewalls even simple RAM wasting and CPU hanging !!

edit:

Some antivirus can eat more than 512MB of RAM without importance , moreover it show false positives and CPU freeze each time antivirus scan , its a huge waste of resources ... !

It's not happening here, without IDM, so we can exclude Furk.net.

You may not see it happening at your end as the files that both of you are downloading might be totally different - he might be attempting to download somethings that's getting flagged.

5. This problem is possible if you used some crack for IDM. After installing the genuine version of IDM and registering it with valid serial number problem should disappear. ^_^

The problem has got nothing to do with the sort of crack one has employed to fix IDM. ;)

edit:

still using 6.12 build 12 from hippo

That's an old version that's not recommended - you're missing out on significant bug fixes.

@RocketMan

I was quoting Tonec Inc.,

as for other part I was suggesting that trying different version might fix problem (that might be bug).

If file was flagged then I'm guessing there would be some notification...

@emerglines

Thank you for giving me some insight in reverse engineering. :D

Since many file-sharing sites block internet accelerators such as IDM, if there is anyone who can download from Furk using IDM then we can exclude that Furk started blocking internet accelerators.

Not sure what happen when torrent you attach to Furk is 'seedless'.

What I was purposing is possible solution - using browsers download manager!

@D Please merge my previous two post. Thanks!

@RocketMan

I was quoting Tonec Inc.,

as for other part I was suggesting that trying different version might fix problem (that might be bug).

Every Developer uses the crack excuse which wiser ones know is nothing but just a feeble scare tactic at discouraging piracy. ;)

@emerglines

Thank you for giving me some insight in reverse engineering. :D

Since many file-sharing sites block internet accelerators such as IDM, if there is anyone who can download from Furk using IDM then we can exclude that Furk started blocking internet accelerators.

Not sure what happen when torrent you attach to Furk is 'seedless'.

I guess ISP try to control there traffic by limiting your seed respond or " Download " and reducing the cost cause more faster traffic equal more cost so the general problem came from the ISP be sure to disable your antivirus and fierwall at time when you download something .

You're right about this one - however, notification happens only if configured within the (for example) AntiVirus. By default, most of these AntiVirus systems are set by Developers to 'take action' instead of 'prompt.' ;)

If IDM is filtered for a flagged file, so will the browser also be. :(

Okay, installed IDM to test, and no problems with Furk.net.

@rudax What security solution 'r you using at the moment?

Edit:

Having hard time to recreate error.

Edit 2:

After I blocked connection to Furk for 5sec. IDM was unable to continue downloading, but didn't show that same error.

Same happened after I paused download.

Is it possible that your connection is unstable?

Just a wild shot in the dark - I suspect one of the software in your security system is scanning those downloads (my bet would be your AntiVirus.)

Just an heads-up (not recommended for n00bs):-

I exclude my 2 download directories from scanning by my full security system:

• C:\Users\AccountName\AppData\Roaming\IDM\DwnlData\*.*
  • D:\Downloads (this directory may differ in your system.)
Happy that you replied. I don't think it to be a antivirus bug b'cause downloading same file leeched by zbigz completes downloading as usual with IDM. It's furk.net only among the sites I have downloaded files.

Thank you all for replying here..

I was digging into it since I had problem and found out that Furk.net recommends FDM (Free Download manager) and suggests DownThemAll, a firefox addon. IDM may have bugs that's why it is not recommended, I geuess.

why you don't you use mediafire hosting? why must furk?

furk is torrent leecher..mediafire neither leeches torrents not other files (remotely) for free.

Happy that you replied. I don't think it to be a antivirus bug b'cause downloading same file leeched by zbigz completes downloading as usual with IDM. It's furk.net only among the sites I have downloaded files.

The best way to find out for sure is to identify a small download link to Furk.net that's failing via IDM and posting the same here - so, other IDM Users can test the same and conclude whether it's a configuration issue or related to something else.

The best way to find out for sure is to identify a small download link to Furk.net that's failing via IDM and posting the same here - so, other IDM Users can test the same and conclude whether it's a configuration issue or related to something else.
Wait..I got an update..

If you change the maximum number of connection to 1 from default 8, the file gets downloaded successfully. But it's very slow with one connection.

Oh that, I didn't even look into the zipped archive to see the contents - my point was just that I'm able to successfully download files from Furk.net without limiting my IDM connections to 1 (have used all 16 connections in that example.)

I am not IDM fan, switched to free download manager(fdm) years ago.

you can try http://files.freedow...dminst-lite.exe (3.9 1249) or http://www.nsanedown...equest=12210660

hope no one will be disappointed, so simple and light weight

3 download modes, pause all

browser plugin (can be removed from option), url catcher, clipboard moniter

extra plugins can be added (Video Conversion, Bittorrent plugin, Languages pack) all for free!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived