why people hate metro UI?

visualbuffs

why people all over the world is hating the windows 8 startmenu??? and use 3rd party software to skip the metro startmenu???

i already try windows 8 and i love the metro startmenu itself!

easy to install an apps

easy to uninstall an apps

great interface..

i love metro ui... why people hate this new features of windows?? oh come on... use the new technology! do not use the traditional startmenu :P

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love metro ui... why people hate this new features of windows?? oh come on... use the new technology! do not use the traditional startmenu :P

Metro is cute. But thats it. MS forgot that people also need computers to work instead of just looking at pretty pictures.

When It takes more than one click or more just to access a single function/software/apps/tools, productivity is very low.

When you work at an office and you're given deadline, you can't just waste time.

If you need to do 5,000 clicks to accomplish a single task in a day, multiply it by five then you get 25,000 clicks more to click!

My finger will get sore and I can no longer use my finger to tease my girlfriend. hehe!

It's designed for non intuitive morons.

I think that different people have different preference, maybe they like it that way.

It just happened that 99.999999% of computer users didn't like it.

i already try windows 8 and i love the metro startmenu itself!

It appears that you're mixed up about 2 different things, yes - the Start Menu and Metro are not the same!!! :)

The world is colorful b'cuz there are flowers of different color..

Just a line from philosophy :wub:

To add to what's been written:-

• To hate Windows 8 due to it's Metro interface is understandable - I'm one of the haters, myself (the good news is that the missing Aero is being re-coded with a better implementation than the video on the 2nd post.)
  • To hate Windows 8 due to it's lack of a Start Menu is not understandable - there are many alternatives now available (in fact, the current Start Menu alternatives are poised to offer more features than even the original Start Menu on Windows 7.)

People need to express their frustrations, what better way of doing that than blaming others (in this case Microsoft) for their miserable life...

If you need to do 5,000 clicks to accomplish a single task in a day!

That tells more about you then Windows...

It's designed for non intuitive morons.

It's called minimalism, but you wouldn't happen to know that...

I have simple solution:

Don't like it - don't use it!

Metro UI --> good for tablets --> extremely bad for (experienced) pc users.

The pc is not a tablet or smartphone.

I dont know man , the new start ui , makes everything so cluttered , what if I install a 100 apps , Can anyone confirm if registry patches and cracks still work in win 8 ? What about software like Adobe cs6 and you have to edit the hosts file and all that ?

• Administrator

I dont know man , the new start ui , makes everything so cluttered , what if I install a 100 apps , Can anyone confirm if registry patches and cracks still work in win 8 ? What about software like Adobe cs6 and you have to edit the hosts file and all that ?

Normal softwares work as they should / did in Windows 7, no change.

I dont know man , the new start ui , makes everything so cluttered , what if I install a 100 apps ,

Before installing a Start Menu, I used Windows 8 exclusively with the Start Screen. Have customized my Start Screen to display only those shortcuts (and apps) that I use frequently and positioned them accordingly within the 1920 x 1080 resolution. What I do not use seldom, is relegated to the space beyond the view of my 24 inches display - that takes care of the clutter. Using this method, one can have tens and thousands of shortcuts and apps without any clutter as the Start Screen now allows for unlimited horizontal scrolling.

BTW, have disabled the Store completely and now after installing a Start Menu, have disabled the Start Screen, too - completely.

What about software like Adobe cs6 and you have to edit the hosts file and all that ?

The hosts editing is a bit more protected than it is on Windows 7 - in fact, there's a tighter security around almost everything on Windows 8.

Archived