can't install windows 8 on HP Pavilion dv4, used to have WIN7 Home Premium 64bit

centserick2

please help me install win8 on HP pavilion dv4.

it proceeds with the installation but after the getting device ready it becomes black screen. then more.

just try usb boot using usb dongle, tried DVD boot using dvd copy of win8 to no avail.

i did install it using USB bootable and choose option do nothing. after that, the same problem. yet that time it has restore point or backup and reverted to windows 7.

then i formatted it but the same result. please help. any same situation.????

• Replies 11
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes i have a fresh installation. create a new partition or eve deleted all the files or format it before i partition it. but the same result. thanks tezza, is it safe to update bios especially on a laptop? thanks psyko666 and november_rain

november_ra1n

yes i have a fresh installation. create a new partition or eve deleted all the files or format it before i partition it. but the same result. thanks tezza, is it safe to update bios especially on a laptop? thanks psyko666 and november_rain

there is an update driver page HP you can type the model then you will see if there is latest Bios UPDATE:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&product=top

unknownasphyxiated

safe only if you download the right bios file

you should make sure the battery at 70% and above

should not disconnect from power adapter to ensure no power problem

disable antivirus while applying the bios file

safe only if you download the right bios file

you should make sure the battery at 70% and above

should not disconnect from power adapter to ensure no power problem

disable antivirus while applying the bios file

will consider this. thanks

Download and burn another copy of windows 8. just to shut out a bad copy/burn of the disc you aready have. (ignoring usb option).

Download and run the "upgrade tool" - at the end it will tell you if your computer can run windows 8.

I deleted and created new partitions when I installed W8 and had no problems, whatsoever.

is it safe to update bios especially on a laptop?

Yes, nowadays it's quite safe to update the BIOS - I just updated mine from 'Legacy' to 'UEFI.' Moreover, updating the BIOS is safer on a laptop than on a desktop. ;)

Archived