AIDA64 & Windows Repair (AIO)

post-29397-0-60711600-1353881953_thumb.j

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
unknownasphyxiated

it mean the file need administrative permission

not all file need admin permission to run..

for example autoruns from sysinternal ms..only need admin permission in order to make changes

cannot remove unless you rewrote the code.. :lol:

Really? I didn't notice the shield being there until after I got the virus. I don't know when it appeared but I do know that MBR Regenerator and Windows Repair AIO were the programs that I ran to fix possible errors caused by the virus. I think one of them may have reset something but I don't know what.

• Administrator

maybe it re-activate UAC

UAC is disabled on my side, but I still see the Shield. They appeared as soon as I upgraded to Windows 8.

My only concern is that the shield wasn't there before, so I'm wondering what was altered to make it appear. Now when I run DriverPack Solution, it asks me to confirm when running every exe that the program runs, which is quite a lot. :mellow:

Now on my fresh install of Windows 7, the shield does not appear on the Windows Repair AIO icon or on the AIDA64 icon. :wtf:

maybe it re-activate UAC

UAC is disabled on my side, but I still see the Shield. They appeared as soon as I upgraded to Windows 8.

UAC needs to be deactivated on three different levels of permission. ;)

@ Knightmare

Once the above 3 levels of UAC are repressed, you'll need to reboot for the effect to be seen.

• Administrator

Educate me further.

Educate me further.

All the following 3 options need to be ticked (disabled) as per this figure (tip: start ticking in reverse order - 3rd >>> 2nd >>> 1st):-

Posted Image

• Administrator

Ah. Thanks. :)

I'm yet to play with Windows 8 Manager, I first need to get rid of this Avast, but I want to wait till ESET 6.

maybe it re-activate UAC

@ Knightmare

Once the above 3 levels of UAC are repressed, you'll need to reboot for the effect to be seen.

Is there a way to do this in Windows 7 with out using the tool? I thought that UAC was disabled on my computer. :huh:

Would this be able to correct the issue?

I'd very strongly urge you to install Windows 7 Manager - there are loads of optimizations that can be unleashed through that tool. Moreover, unlike TuneUp Utilities, it does not run in the background as a process or a service. 8)

In fact, post format - this is the first application that is installed on my system - even before the drivers are. ;)

My thing is if the problem was created without a certain program, then I should be able to be fixed without the program. I only want to do it this way so that when a customer needs assistance, I don't have to install extra stuff on their computer.

My thing is if the problem was created without a certain program, then I should be able to be fixed without the program. I only want to do it this way so that when a customer needs assistance, I don't have to install extra stuff on their computer.

Some years ago whilst beta-testing Windows 7, I'd made some registry tweaks in the absence of Windows 7 Manager - please use at your own risk:-

http://www.mediafire...99rh4h5f6d3ghhh

@ DKT

If the attachment fails to work for Knightmare, please delete the link on my behalf (I'm signing off.)

Some years ago whilst beta-testing Windows 7, I'd made some registry tweaks in the absence of Windows 7 Manager - please use at your own risk:-

http://www.mediafire...99rh4h5f6d3ghhh

Is this a program or something? Also if I copy DriverPack Solution from the old computer to the new computer, how will have affect the security settings? Would redownloading the program fix the security issue or are the settings in the computer itself?

unknownasphyxiated

it depend on the setting of the computer,not the program

those configuration from win 8 manager can be changed through registry editor

try look at previous pm i had sent to you

Archived