[Solved] Delete a system protected file

rudrax

Guys, is there any way to delete a specific file owned by the "SYSTEM" user group?

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming you have full rights..........

Look at the file properties and make sure that it is not read only. If so, change that first.

Try to delete, did not work...let's move on.

Try to rename the file, .exebak instead of .exe.

If it allows the change, then reboot now. WARNING: If the system file is needed in order to complete the boot process, you are liable to get the blue screen of death. If that happens, boot into dos mode, find the file and restore the correct name.

if the name change was not allowed from the beginning, try unlocker on it then try name change.

If that does not work, try it in safe mode. If safe mode does not do it, then it looks like you are stuck with it.

Don't delete system files, they are protected for a special reason. Never touch a running system. :P

Yeah buddy, I know the sensitivity of the matter.

property

tab security/advanced

tab owner

select your account & apply

I guess, this is what DKT told.

Assuming you have full rights..........

Look at the file properties and make sure that it is not read only. If so, change that first.

Try to delete, did not work...let's move on.

Try to rename the file, .exebak instead of .exe.

If it allows the change, then reboot now. WARNING: If the system file is needed in order to complete the boot process, you are liable to get the blue screen of death. If that happens, boot into dos mode, find the file and restore the correct name.

if the name change was not allowed from the beginning, try unlocker on it then try name change.

If that does not work, try it in safe mode. If safe mode does not do it, then it looks like you are stuck with it.

Whoa! scary. Just suffered the pain of a HDD's death. Gonna try with unlocker.

Full Admin Control?

Tried activating and logging in with Administrator account. No use.

Run CMD with Admin Rights .

Navigate to the file you want to nuke .

Punch in the delete commands .

Wait for the Apocalypse ! ;)

Hmmm . . . . . . . . . . . nearly 24 hrs. are about to elapse since this topic was opened - by now, I'd have done deleting my entire system and that of the neighborhood, :P

Hmmm . . . . . . . . . . . nearly 24 hrs. are about to elapse since this topic was opened - by now, I'd have done deleting my entire system and that of the neighborhood, :P

You too get deleted :lol:

Archived