A List Of Start Menu Replacements for Windows 8

mlauzon

I'm currently testing out Start8, doesn't seem that bad. I'll probably end up testing some others before I decide on one specific one. I am currently dual-booting my system between Win7 & Win8.

I am using Start8 on my Win8 in VMware. Running well.

• Replies 42
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the list. I've tried a couple but doesn't seem to me to be much difference between them.

Are there any that add bells and whistles, ie do other things also, instead of just a W7 copy start menu?

It's a big list to go trying all of them out :lol:

Anyone fancy starting a poll for favourites? :P

• Administrator

Thanks for the list. I've tried a couple but doesn't seem to me to be much difference between them.

Are there any that add bells and whistles, ie do other things also, instead of just a W7 copy start menu?

It's a big list to go trying all of them out :lol:

Anyone fancy starting a poll for favourites? :P

All three start menus listed on frontapage are good. While two of them being very similar to W7 start menu, they offer a lot more options. Pokki, on the other hand, is even advanced but cluttered one. ;)

• Administrator

Anyone tested other Start Menu programs on 7?

I think Start8 had refused to start (the installation) on Windows 7. No idea about SIB.

what ever u choose , just make sure u can drug and drop FILE / SHORTCUT to the start button (start up place for example) , some cant do that.

In a Microsoft default OS, I've found that the Windows Updates shortcut does not allow one to pin it to Start Menu - have been dragging-n-dropping it into StartIsBack, without complaints.

what ever u choose , just make sure u can drug and drop FILE / SHORTCUT to the start button (start up place for example) , some cant do that.

Only fl0ppy & Nike can do it. :lol:

Looking through the home pages revealed some that work on other OS. If anyone fancies it ^_^

Power8 Designed for Windows8, works under XP SP3 and Se7en SP1 as well.

Start Menu Х We know this one.

Classic Shell Start button for Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Taskbar Classic Start Menu requires Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7.

ViStart: The ultimate start menu for Windows 8 and competable with Windows 7, Vista and XP.

Handy Start Menu: 8,7,Vista and XP.

Start Button 8 : Windows 7 or 8, Vista, XP (32 and 64 bit).

Poki: Windows XP / 7, Windows 8.

I think I'll try Retro UI Pro and 8StartButton when I get a chance on my laptop. B)

Only fl0ppy & Nike can do it. :lol:

and startisback , which i use over my win8 under VM for testing ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived