Upgrade to Windows 8

psyko666

Hi,

A girlfriend of mine has Windows 7 Ultimate installed and used Daz Loader to activate...

I have a legit RETAIL key for W7 Ultimate and never used.. I want to upgrade from that specific W7 Ultimate activated by that legit key... does anyone know where to find the productkey in Window 8 Pro when I activated it, after I upgraded cause if she wants to install W8 Pro again a productkey is asked ?

Thanks in advance... ^_^

• Replies 47
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

A girlfriend of mine has Windows 7 Ultimate installed and used Daz Loader to activate...

I have a legit RETAIL key for W7 Ultimate and never used.. I want to upgrade from that specific W7 Ultimate activated by that legit key... does anyone know where to find the productkey in Window 8 Pro when I activated it, after I upgraded cause if she wants to install W8 Pro again a productkey is asked ?

Thanks in advance... ^_^

Try Magical Jelly Bean Key Finder.

http://www.magicalje....com/keyfinder/

If that doesn't work, you'll need to use Recover Keys.

Site: http://h33t.com

/torrent/3907835/nuclear-coffee-recover-keys-6-0-2-65-enterprise-incl-patch [?]

You're given the activation key after you purchase an upgrade through e-mail and it shows it on-screen for you to save.

Hi,

Thanks in advance... ^_^

If you wanna stay legit, buy a $14.99 upgrade. They're apparently not checking the time of purchase. Any legit key seems to be good enough to get a legit cut-price upgrade. I can't be sure, but that's what they seem to be discussing everywhere :)

If you don't wanna spend any more money, Upgrade install with the W7 key and activate from one of the many KMS servers available. I'll take the Columbia University server, Thank you ;) Go here and get a free Legit key and use it to permanently activate from Microsoft servers for free ;)

Strange thing... Myself I have Windows 8 Pro x64 running, I installed VMWare and installed W7 Ultimate x64 as VM and used a legit key for it so Windows 7 is activated, I went to the site to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro but no matter what I fill in I always get a message that it isn't possible to upgrade, dunno what I do wrong, what country must I fill in or doesn't it matter, other emal adress also filled in but the damn thing doesn't work with me... sadly.. :(

EDIT:

We are sorry.

Unfortunately, based on the information you provided during the registration process you are not eligible for the upgrade offer.

Please refer to the program requirements.

Your Reference ID: WU3218412331

All the time I get this message.. doens't matter what email adress I fill in or name.. :(

I was reading somewhere that picking up the phone and reasoning with the support stuff get the job done more often than not. ;)

Hi,

Thanks in advance... ^_^

If you wanna stay legit, buy a $14.99 upgrade. They're apparently not checking the time of purchase. Any legit key seems to be good enough to get a legit cut-price upgrade. I can't be sure, but that's what they seem to be discussing everywhere :)

If you don't wanna spend any more money, Upgrade install with the W7 key and activate from one of the many KMS servers available. I'll take the Columbia University server, Thank you ;) Go here and get a free Legit key and use it to permanently activate from Microsoft servers for free ;)

Where do u go for the 14.99 upgrade; I've seen the 39.99 upgrade but can't find the 14.99 location, thanks. (I have a legit ser# for win 7pro)

Where do u go for the 14.99 upgrade; I've seen the 39.99 upgrade but can't find the 14.99 location, thanks. (I have a legit ser# for win 7pro)

Go here and fill out the form to see if your license is valid for the cheap upgrade - US link seeing as you've the Red, White & Blue flying high :)

But please do make sure that you can actually use that key to upgrade if your Win7 purchase is from before june 2nd. Officially, the date of purchase should be between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 ;)

Go here and fill out the form to see if your license is valid for the cheap upgrade - US link seeing as you've the Red, White & Blue flying high :)

But please do make sure that you can actually use that key to upgrade if your Win7 purchase is from before june 2nd. Officially, the date of purchase should be between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 ;)

Stll can't do shit with it... does it have to be a OEM key or is a RETAIL key ok too ?!

Stll can't do shit with it... does it have to be a OEM key or is a RETAIL key ok too ?!

OEM channel SLP keys won't do. It has to be a single use OEM/retail Product key. The one that comes pasted on either your branded OEM PC or MS retail/OEM DVD ;)

It's a bit confusing here. Earlier versions of Windows used to come with OEM and retail copies. Both versions qualify for upgrades of course. But not the OEM SLP keys. These are self-activating keys that activate if it detects the correct SLIC in BIOS (2.1 for W7). These are widely available on the net and used by Daz for his loader ;) So they won't do.

You need either single-activation OEM or retail keys and they come with your PC or Windows DVD only for you. Non-blacklisted MAK keys also qualify for the upgrade offer :yes:

EDIT: C0vert may have a point. Have you registered your Win7 key? Dunno if that is impeding your upgrade, but worth a shot :think:

Is it possible that my RETAIL W7 Ultimate key isn't a key that is usable?

I activated the key 2 days ago though...

I've send you a PM calguyhunk..

Thanks for the reply again... ^_^

Look below for answer.

I looked below and all that I could see was this on your signature:-

"I have a PhD in fuckin' pussy."

Look below for answer.

I looked below and all that I could see was this on your signature:-

"I have a PhD in fuckin' pussy."

I meant look at calhunkguy's response. :lol:

Is it possible that my RETAIL W7 Ultimate key isn't a key that is usable?

I activated the key 2 days ago though...

I've send you a PM calguyhunk..

Thanks for the reply again... ^_^

Are you using legit details when you sign up? If you can, try using a gmail account as your e-mail. I've had better success using one.

Also, make sure you're setting the date PAST June 2, 2012. Else you'll get an instant rejection.

And, make sure you're using details that closely match your computer and be sure the retailer specified actually carries the model you're trying to use.

If you've already done the above and it has already failed, send me a PM and I'll let you use the promo code I was planning on using for my new laptop (at the time, MS didn't require a key, so it should be fine).

Damn.. I thought it was a RETAIL key for Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but it's a damn MSDN key!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRG!! :mad2:

Damn.. I thought it was a RETAIL key for Windows 7 Ultimate x64, but it's a damn MSDN key!! AAAAAAAAAAAARRRG!! :mad2:

So where are we now? Activated yet, or still waiting? :dunno:

No.. :(

I went to this site: https://www.windowsu...US/Registration

And filled in my personal data... but after that I get a screen to put my productkey in, no matter what I do, other email adress or other name...

It doesn't work, it doesn't accept the productkey...

So I couldn't fill in the Promo Code too..

calguyhunk mentioned here that mak can be used : http://www.nsaneforu...-8/#entry481132

so try using that

sorry if u already tried

Has to be yet whitelisted MAK. Personally, I don't know of any. If someone does, please send Psycho one through PM. That will be the best and easiest way. If not, here's what you do -

No.. :(

Download a Win8 Professional ISO. Install with the following VL key - Site: http://paste2.org

Sharecode: /p/2441910 [?] (Installation key available from MS website openly. Not activation key ;)

Site: https://thepiratebay.se

Sharecode: /torrent/7506213/MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.PROFESSIONAL.RTM.X... [?]

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.PROFESSIONAL.RTM.X64.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT

BUILD: 6.2.9200.16384.WIN8_RTM.120725-1247

FILE: Windows_8_Pro_EN-US_x64.ISO

Activation - Firtly, run cmd.exe with administrator's privileges. (Right click on cmd.exe > Run as Admin)

cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ipk Site: http://paste2.org

Sharecode: /p/2441910 [?] <enter>

cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms win8kms4.mooo.com <enter> (Working. Just pinged. Do it now if you already have a Pro copy)

cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato <enter> (You'll be activated at this step)

cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ckms <enter> (This is to clear the server name so that your machine doesn't try to contact mooo every 30 days)

Now get a Free WMC upgrade key from here. Wait for ~24 hours to get the key through E-Mail. Then Go through the upgrade process by following the instructions on that very page :)

Here's another page that might help you - Columbia University :)

Archived