Upgrade to W8 with W7 activated with Daz Loader

psyko666

Question:

Anybody think it´s possible to buy the upgrade from cracked windows 7 to Win8 pro ... will this work ? (Windows is genuine with microsofts genuine check)

Answer:

Yes it works! Try it yourself! :)

• Replies 52
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll buy this thing for $10 I swear. (Rs. 500) Not a dime more :P And I want the DVD! ('as is where is' basis - without support) :yes:

EDIT: It's available online in India from today onwards for Rs 1999, which is around 38 dollars or so ;) Wayyy too expensive, I say - considering that hardware prices here are 50% higher than the US across product segments :(

• Administrator

I guess lots of people already have done it when RTM released. Don't see anyone complaining yet.

@calguyhunk: I think the upgrade is priced at Rs. 500 or 599?

you dont even need a activated version it works with win 7 even in a trial mode from what they are saying.

does anyone have any LEGIT direct download links for pro i stupidly ordered the upgrade and clicked install by mistake and now all i can do id get the damn online installer instead of the iso.

Rs 699/- for an upgrade if you buy a PC with pre-installed Win7 between now and Jan, I guess. That's the $14.99 offer in the US. But for you and I, who are not looking to buy any new PC, the minimum is 1999/- ($39.99 offer)

That too for a D/L. With media, that's Rs. 3499/- ;)

Pretty safe to say, that like always, we're all gonna pass. Collectively, as a nation :hehe:

• Administrator

I see.

Pretty safe to say, that like always, we're all gonna pass. Collectively, as a nation :hehe:

I'm strongly considering Windows 8. And not even dual-boot. A total "upgrade". I am very hesitant to say the least, cause Metro is not the only thing changed. After removing metro, my problem is acceptance, not adaptation. Trying it in VM and I was lost because of metro. I couldn't live a day with it. This, plus how well the upgrade will go causes hesitancy.

I see.

I'm strongly considering Windows 8. And not even dual-boot. A total "upgrade". I am very hesitant to say the least, cause Metro is not the only thing changed. After removing metro, my problem is acceptance, not adaptation. Trying it in VM and I was lost because of metro. I couldn't live a day with it. This, plus how well the upgrade will go causes hesitancy.

Trust me m8, Dont try and evaulate it within a VM as you wont be forced to adapt. At first I tried it in a VM in the Dev and Consumer preview and because I wasnt forced to adapt I just didnt care and swicthed off. Once I tried on on physical hardware (after imaging then upgrading Win7) I forced myself to give it a go and really got used to it. If you cant stand the start screen as you know you can use alternatives.

Honest bud, Just give it a go ;)

Is this really true? :D. Proof please. :)

Yeah I wanna see the proof that its activated after the upgrade to Win8 is done!

• Administrator

Trust me m8, Dont try and evaulate it within a VM as you wont be forced to adapt. At first I tried it in a VM in the Dev and Consumer preview and because I wasnt forced to adapt I just didnt care and swicthed off. Once I tried on on physical hardware (after imaging then upgrading Win7) I forced myself to give it a go and really got used to it. If you cant stand the start screen as you know you can use alternatives.

Honest bud, Just give it a go ;)

:)

I will.

Why I'm rushing is, my Windows 7 is messed up, with me exhausting all the visible solutions. So it's either Upgrage from Windows 7 to Windows 7 (reinstall), or Windows 7 to Windows 8. And by no means I want to do a clean install to loose all the data (softwares).

Ah well, I'll need to pick the right date and muhurat for it. :P Plus confirming the Start8 fixes. :)

mine is win7 64 ulitmate to win8 prof with wmc...upgraded..still fine and working til now...but you have to insert key of win8 prof and wmc

mine is win7 64 ulitmate to win8 prof with wmc...upgraded..still fine and working til now...but you have to insert key of win8 prof and wmc

Is there an expiration? Do I need to download the upgrade assistant?

Rs 699/- for an upgrade if you buy a PC with pre-installed Win7 between now and Jan, I guess. That's the $14.99 offer in the US. But for you and I, who are not looking to buy any new PC, the minimum is 1999/- ($39.99 offer)

That too for a D/L. With media, that's Rs. 3499/- ;)

i got a new laptop in september and i registered on windows upgrade offer site and got windows 8 pro key for Rs 699 yesterday..

then just for kicks I tried registering for the same upgrade offer using my work laptop, activated with Daz loader and was purchased in Feb 2012. During filling up the form I just selected a random purchase date after June 1 and got an email with the promo code !! :D

Why I'm rushing is, my Windows 7 is messed up, with me exhausting all the visible solutions. So it's either Upgrage from Windows 7 to Windows 7 (reinstall), or Windows 7 to Windows 8. And by no means I want to do a clean install to loose all the data (softwares).

Ah well, I'll need to pick the right date and muhurat for it. :P Plus confirming the Start8 fixes. :)

I'll do a parallel install on my desktop once I get the time to D/L it. :)

As for your messed up installation, firstly, goto advanced boot options and choose "Repair your PC". If that doesn't work, then if you have the full unedited iso, you can always use the "Repair your PC" option instead of the "Clean Install" option and see how that goes ;)

Posted Image

• Administrator

That ultimately leads to this. Which can be done even without any disks using F8 during boot and selecting Repair Your Computer. And yea, I tried the F8 thing, no success.

The mess happened when I was unwell two-three months ago and the computer wasn't shutdown for two days (rare thing). During that time, I ran and stopped LibreOffice installer and probably, though not sure, installed new version of CCleaner. But these two may not be likely cause. Then I remembered I installed newly released Dot Net Framework 4.5.

The issue is, as soon as I start an application and it tries to connect the internet, the software stops working. With error file being fastprox.dll. The first thing I did was to check it's integrity, and SFC said the file is fine. So I Googled about it, after days of trying, no solution worked for me. Then tried SFC /Scannow, and there was another problem, SFC used to stuck at 8% no matter what I tried (checkdisk, etc). The effected softwares were notably Windows Live Messenger and Steam. So what I did, I found a good solution via Google, it was, renaming the fastprox.dll file to something else. And sure that did the trick, I was able to bypass one of the most important system files. The happiness was little short-lived, as renaming fastprox.dll had it's consequence. PerfectDisk cannot monitor the HDD's SMART data and other things anymore, gives error everytime I start. MS SQL Server doesn't work, a thing required to use VAMT, a tool used to check MS key validity and stuff. Then I came to know that the error might be in connection with WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation), I know I'm in deep shit by now. I searched on MS site and found there was a CMD tool from MS to check WMI integrity, with requires fastprox.dll to be intact. It found many problems, notably 0x80041002 - (WBEM_E_NOT_FOUND) Object cannot be found. I checked again, and yet again, no solution, I tried different fixes that on my day, would definately fix the error above, but it didn't. Then went back to diagnose SFC's stopping 8%. After searching logs, I found that it stops exactly at "winload.exe.mui" and "winresume.exe.mui". I felt that it might be in relation with Daz, but I didn't wanted to risk to get unactivated by uninstalling Daz and seeing if it worked. By now, after experiencing some weird stuff and doing things that I have no clue about, I've given up. With fastprox.dll renamed, I'm running the softwares I want, and system missing one of it's important part to do it's important stuff.

I think you need to go back to .Net 4.0. Not all software are written for 4.5 as yet, methinks :dunno: But whatever it is, it sure sounds like one seriously messed up installation ;)

As for the loader, the moment Windows de-activates, you get back your 30 day trial. So you're still legit and your programs don't deactivate.

You then just need to re-install Daz. That's it :)

• Administrator

I think you need to go back to .Net 4.0. Not all software are written for 4.5 as yet, methinks :dunno: But whatever it is, it sure sounds like one seriously messed up installation ;)

As for the loader, the moment Windows de-activates, you get back your 30 day trial. So you're still legit and your programs don't deactivate.

You then just need to re-install Daz. That's it :)

Yea, forgot to say, already tried uninstalling 4.5 and installing 4.0. Didn't work. Either way 4.5 is 4.0 compatible afaik.

What I also forgot to mention was that at startup, both Comodo FW and cFosSpeed give an error. That's right, right now, both Comodo and cFosSpeed are working, but have no control on the system whatsoever. Same was with MSE, one of the reason I uninstalled it, and installed Avast free - atleast some protection. Also, I did make sure no malware is doing so.

Last time I tried uninstalling Daz, after reboot, Windows said that my 30 days trial has expired.

And thinking about it, I'm living like this from 3 months already.

unknownasphyxiated

With error file being fastprox.dll.

this certainly going offtopic but try this Windows Repair

try "Repair WMI"

you can try replace fastprox.dll with the one from ISO/installation media

comparing both in my system32/wbem with the one from ISO is same, x86

dunno if x64 is different but make sure you copy from SP1 media if already install SP1

• Administrator

With error file being fastprox.dll.

this certainly going offtopic but try this Windows Repair

try "Repair WMI"

you can try replace fastprox.dll with the one from ISO/installation media

comparing both in my system32/wbem with the one from ISO is same, x86

dunno if x64 is different but make sure you copy from SP1 media if already install SP1

Thanks. :) But I already tried Tweaker's Repair WMI from the tool. Didn't fix it.

As I said, I checked fastprox.dll's integrity from SFC, which works in a same way as comparing it with the ISO. Unfortunately, I'm not having the ISO itself, but wouldn't make a difference.

Hi vissha, the OEM key will have to tally with the one that the loader has installed. Start up the loader and under the "installation" tab, you'll find the OEM key. Use that ;)

Got the promo codes. And i've some queries.

• If i want to change HDD later in my laptop/desktop activated with the genuine Win 8 keys, what i have to do?
  • If i want to change my monitor of my desktop later, will it affect the Windows 8 genuineness?
  • What all the changes/removal of components in PC/laptop which will affect the Windows 8 genuineness/activation?

Archived