Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant . ( Check ur PC for compatability )

majithia23

I am getting Reference ID and its asking for Win 7 key.

the same 4 me

Use internet explorer to register, it wont ask for a key then.

This did it. Thanks.

@avmad

Thanks anyway.

@everybody

Now, if we buy this upgrade, can we do a clean install, or we must do the actual upgrade over some older Windows version?

Cheers ;)

in IE9 too asking for win 7 key

• Replies 41
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
user@nsaneforums

What information will I need to provide in order to be considered eligible for the Windows Upgrade Offer?

You should expect to provide information such as:

• Name
  • Contact details
  • Email address
  • Phone number
  • PC purchase details
  • PC make / model
  • Purchase date
  • Retailer / PC manufacturer
Additional information may be requested to enable your registration to be validated, including the Windows 7 product key for your qualified PC.

Nice news guys, this will probably be the first Windows I ever bought. @vissha Follow this post. http://www.nsaneforu...ty/#entry476689 Maybe you didn't enter the date as suggested. Cheers ;) EDIT: One more question, is licence valid for one computer, or I can install on more?

Glad it worked out for you mara-. I'm pretty sure the license is only valid for one computer since it's an one-time upgrade and supposedly replaces the old Win 7 key with the new Win 8 key. It also seems the license will bind with your CPU serial/make/model, thus making the key non-transferable.

What information will I need to provide in order to be considered eligible for the Windows Upgrade Offer? You should expect to provide information such as:
  • Name
  • Contact details
  • Email address
  • Phone number
  • PC purchase details
  • PC make / model
  • Purchase date
  • Retailer / PC manufacturer
Additional information may be requested to enable your registration to be validated, including the Windows 7 product key for your qualified PC.

Me thinks Microsoft will ask for your key based upon where you're located. Some Microsoft prejudiced screening. :unsure:

user@nsaneforums

How to download Windows 8 Pro 32bit(x86) final iso image directly from microsoft? Please give a direct download link.

Nice news guys, this will probably be the first Windows I ever bought. @vissha Follow this post. http://www.nsaneforu...ty/#entry476689 Maybe you didn't enter the date as suggested. Cheers ;) EDIT: One more question, is licence valid for one computer, or I can install on more?

Glad it worked out for you mara-. I'm pretty sure the license is only valid for one computer since it's an one-time upgrade. However, when I get my new computer (Nov 6th), I'll try and see if the key works for it as well.

Me thinks Microsoft will ask for your key based upon where you're located. Some Microsoft prejudiced screening. :unsure:

I guess you are right about licence, but not about region. First time I tried in Firefox it asked me to enter W7 key, then I tried in IE9 and it didn't ask. It might be because I checked at some point if my Windows is appearing as genuine so I installed that Microsoft ActiveX control.

Cheers ;)

Glad it worked out for you mara-. I'm pretty sure the license is only valid for one computer since it's an one-time upgrade. However, when I get my new computer (Nov 6th), I'll try and see if the key works for it as well.

I guess you are right about licence, but not about region. First time I tried in Firefox it asked me to enter W7 key, then I tried in IE9 and it didn't ask. It might be because I checked at some point if my Windows is appearing as genuine so I installed that Microsoft ActiveX control.

Cheers ;)

When I upgraded mine, I used Firefox and wasn't asked for a key. So not sure why MS is asking some for a key and others not. Perhaps an outdated browser or an outdated plug-in could be the red flag???

Anyway, I updated my post above which explains the license thing based on what I've read about the MS Term Agreements. You quoted me too soon. :lol:

If i don't have a CC and debit cards not working and don't have paypal, I'm going to use my friend's CC for paying. How to fill in billing address in Windows 8 upgrade assistant?

If i don't have a CC and debit cards not working and don't have paypal, I'm going to use my friend's CC for paying. How to fill in billing address in Windows 8 upgrade assistant?

The name on the credit card should match the name of the recipient/downloader. Else it may be flagged for ID theft. Just use his or her name's credentials and address, but download it to your computer. It won't make a difference to MS, as they can't tell who's the owner of the computer anyway.

The name on the credit card should match the name of the recipient/downloader. Else it may be flagged for ID theft. Just use his or her name's credentials and address, but download it to your computer. It won't make a difference to MS, as they can't tell who's the owner of the computer anyway.

How about email and phone number? Can i enter mine? Since they'll send the key in email

How about email and phone number? Can i enter mine? Since they'll send the key in email

Phone number... I don't know. Sometimes CC companies have a certain number on file... so to be safe use theirs. But the e-mail can be yours.

Phone number... I don't know. Sometimes CC companies have a certain number on file... so to be safe use theirs. But the e-mail can be yours.

Can i give my name and my number within brackets in billing address additionally, for future support like while problems during future activations?

Can i give my name and my number within brackets in billing address additionally, for future support like while problems during future activations?

No, you'll just have to use your friends only. But you shouldn't need to worry about future activations. As long as you pay with your CC/Bank Acct or whatever, then it won't matter. For all they know, you could be the second/third owner of the computer/laptop.

No, you'll just have to use your friends only. But you shouldn't need to worry about future activations. As long as you pay with your CC/Bank Acct or whatever, then it won't matter. For all they know, you could be the second/third owner of the computer/laptop.

I tried now and it says "We couldn't procees your order". Someone said in a blog, After trying with keeping personal files, settings and apps, it might work.

Archived