Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant . ( Check ur PC for compatability )

majithia23

• Replies 41
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Win 8 is not compatible with the old pc(Win XP Home & Win XP Pro), is there any other option to use and upgrade it in another new PC without Windows? I want to use my old xp(OEM) in a new custom-made pc and upgrade to windows 8. As my old pc is not even compatible with Vista & Win 7, it is no use to upgrade the old pc to Win 8. If MS brings an option to change from one pc to another, it'll be helpful for more people who uses genuine xp and want to upgrade. Please help!!!

Did Upgrade install on Win7. All is fine. Will do a clean install once a permanent activation method comes.

Can you download from the $40 deal & burn an iso and have the options to upgrade or clean install .. user choice ?

• Administrator

Thanks for the info. It was released for Preview version, but was later removed. I managed to get hands on the preview version. Now trying it this one. :)

If the Win 8 is not compatible with the old pc(Win XP Home & Win XP Pro), is there any other option to use and upgrade it in another new PC without Windows? I want to use my old xp(OEM) in a new custom-made pc and upgrade to windows 8. As my old pc is not even compatible with Vista & Win 7, it is no use to upgrade the old pc to Win 8. If MS brings an option to change from one pc to another, it'll be helpful for more people who uses genuine xp and want to upgrade. Please help!!!

I guess using the XP HDD on new computer will do.

Can you download from the $40 deal & burn an iso and have the options to upgrade or clean install .. user choice ?

Don't think so.

Did Upgrade install on Win7. All is fine. Will do a clean install once a permanent activation method comes.

Hows the Windows 8 experience? You are using any Start Menu software or are happy with Metro? :)

Another cheaper deal I spotted on another site. Check the spoiler for prices in your Country B)

Here is I am going to tell you how to upgrade window8 pro just $14.99*(Rs699* for Indian)

Step1 : Visit this link http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/

Select your region and Fill the Required form.

Note: You must fill the Purchasing Date of Window7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013.

They will send you PROMO CODE via email. it will take time in my case after few hour they send PROMO CODE.

Step2: Download window8 Upgrade Assistance Tool . visit the link

http://windows.micro...do...-windows-8

After Downloading Run it. It will take few minutes after that it Display the summary of compatible and non compatible program.

then choose What to keep. click next , in next window click on order button then finally check out. Fill The Billing address detail ... Select the payment method apply PROMO CODE. Done.

~~Window Upgrade Assistance help you to see which installed application are compatible with window8 on your PC. More it assists you to buy window8 OS.

Note: 1. Although i didn't Buy a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013.I just enter random qualification date. Till they gave me PROMO CODE. Its work for me. I didn't purchase Window8 Pro yet. just applied COUPON CODE and it show me final Price $14.99*(Rs.699*) which i have to pay in order to get Wndow8 PRO.

2. You Must register before February 28, 2013

3. Eligible PC

Windows 7 Home Basic;

Windows 7 Home Premium;

Windows 7 Professional; or

Windows 7 Ultimate

4. For FAQ visit the link~~~ http://www.windowsup...IN...teral.Text

Spotted on TipRadar, posted by Zeff25

http://www.tipradar....st-14-99-Rs-699

Prices for different Countries here

AUD - Australian Dollar $14.99

BRL - Brazilian Real R$29

CAD - Canadian Dollar $14.99

CHF - Swiss Franc Fr. 17.95

CNY - Chinese Yuan ¥98

DKK - Danish Krone kr. 119

EUR - Euro € 14.99

GBP - British Pound £14.99

HKD - Hong Kong Dollar HK$119

INR - Indian Rupee INR 699

ISK - Icelandic Krona 2,499 kr

JPY - Japanese Yen ¥1,200

KRW - South Korean Won ₩16,300

MXN - Mexican Peso $199

NOK - Norwegian Krone kr 119

NZD - New Zealand Dollar $19.99

PLN - Polish Zloty 69 zl

RUB - Russian Ruble RUB 469

SEK - Swedish Krona 139 kr

SGD - Singapore Dollar $17.99

TRY - Turkish Lira TRY 29

TWD - Taiwan Dollar NT$439

USD - US Dollar $14.99

Pricing determined by your location.

Hows the Windows 8 experience? You are using any Start Menu software or are happy with Metro? :)

Upgrade was good. No trouble at all.

Not installed any start menu yet. I will try pokki freeware first then start8 or startisback. I may leave with metro.

Another cheaper deal I spotted on another site. Check the spoiler for prices in your Country B)

Here is I am going to tell you how to upgrade window8 pro just $14.99*(Rs699* for Indian)

Step1 : Visit this link http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/

Select your region and Fill the Required form.

Note: You must fill the Purchasing Date of Window7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013.

They will send you PROMO CODE via email. it will take time in my case after few hour they send PROMO CODE.

Step2: Download window8 Upgrade Assistance Tool . visit the link

http://windows.micro...do...-windows-8

After Downloading Run it. It will take few minutes after that it Display the summary of compatible and non compatible program.

then choose What to keep. click next , in next window click on order button then finally check out. Fill The Billing address detail ... Select the payment method apply PROMO CODE. Done.

~~Window Upgrade Assistance help you to see which installed application are compatible with window8 on your PC. More it assists you to buy window8 OS.

Note: 1. Although i didn't Buy a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013.I just enter random qualification date. Till they gave me PROMO CODE. Its work for me. I didn't purchase Window8 Pro yet. just applied COUPON CODE and it show me final Price $14.99*(Rs.699*) which i have to pay in order to get Wndow8 PRO.

2. You Must register before February 28, 2013

3. Eligible PC

Windows 7 Home Basic;

Windows 7 Home Premium;

Windows 7 Professional; or

Windows 7 Ultimate

4. For FAQ visit the link~~~ http://www.windowsup...IN...teral.Text

Just wanted to confirm that this does work.

Upgraded from a Win 7 Ult. with Daz loader. Requested a promo. Received an hour later. Upgraded through the assistant. Took about 1-2 hours (old laptop)...

Posted Image

I guess using the XP HDD on new computer will do.

I don't want to risk, bcoz many have said that changing the system config(like motherboard) also affects the activation problems. Please confirm your guessing.

If this works, then if i want to change old XP(upgraded to Win 8 ) HDD later, how to do?

I am pissed off!! :angry: My windows 8 upgrade assistant crashed after I use my PayPal services now the bloody payment status in my PayPal account shows pending and I don't know if the payment process go through or not, and I have not received any confirmation email from Microsoft did anybody else had the same experience?

BTW! I have already tried frustratingly the Microsoft online live chat support. It was a waste of time for this issue. They were unable to help. I am very disappointed. Anyway, it might be because it's weekend or might take a day or two for the process to go through? WTF!! :mad2:

@avmad

What about Windows 7 key? If you used DAZ Loader, what did you enter on M$ site? One of the keys from loader?

Cheers ;)

You shouldn't be asked for a Win 7 key at all. If you go to: http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/, fill out the forum using your creditentials, then input a date older than June 2, 2012.... you should receive a promo code. Use the assistant to check for incompatible components, then click "order." It'll bring you to a checkout page, input the promo code, and purchase. It'll then bring you to a screen with some info and your key (and sends you an email with the key as well), then it'll download the 2GB digital download. From here, decide whether to upgrade now, upgrade using a USB or upgrade using a DVD-R (I used this option). It saved an iso. I burned the iso to a DVD-R. Ran the setup from DVD-R then input the key....then installed.

Do not use paypal, the sandbox is bugged.

Use a credit card instead.

Strange. I used a paypal acc't and didn't have a problem:

Posted Image

I am pissed off!! :angry: My windows 8 upgrade assistant crashed after I use my PayPal services now the bloody payment status in my PayPal account shows pending and I don't know if the payment process go through or not, and I have not received any confirmation email from Microsoft did anybody else had the same experience?

BTW! I have already tried frustratingly the Microsoft online live chat support. It was a waste of time for this issue. They were unable to help. I am very disappointed. Anyway, it might be because it's weekend or might take a day or two for the process to go through? WTF!! :mad2:

My paypal statement never went through a pending period. It was instant. Since yours crashed, it may stay pending on your paypal account for several business days (like it would on a credit card), but it shouldn't go through. And since you never received a key nor a confirmation email, it definitely shouldn't stick. Try placing the order again.

@avmad

What about Windows 7 key? If you used DAZ Loader, what did you enter on M$ site? One of the keys from loader?

Cheers ;)

You shouldn't be asked for a Win 7 key at all. If you go to: http://www.windowsupgradeoffer.com/, fill out the forum using your creditentials, then input a date older than June 2, 2012.... you should receive a promo code. Use the assistant to check for incompatible components, then click "order." It'll bring you to a checkout page, input the promo code, and purchase. It'll then bring you to a screen with some info and your key (and sends you an email with the key as well), then it'll download the 2GB digital download. From here, decide whether to upgrade now, upgrade using a USB or upgrade using a DVD-R (I used this option). It saved an iso. I burned the iso to a DVD-R. Ran the setup from DVD-R then input the key....then installed.

Do not use paypal, the sandbox is bugged.

Use a credit card instead.

Strange. I used a paypal acc't and didn't have a problem:

Posted Image

My paypal statement never went through a pending period. It was instant. Since yours crashed, it may stay pending on your paypal account for several business days (like it would on a credit card), but it shouldn't go through. And since you never received a key nor a confirmation email, it definitely shouldn't stick. Try placing the order again.

Thanks for explanation

@avmad

Cheers ;)

I don't know mara I haven't done it myself. I'm not at home for a while so can't try it. I want to wait and see when favourite apps are 8 ready before deciding if to do it. Price difference for me is £25 or £15 not a great saving really,

I guess you type in your W7 key -_- I'll see if I can find out.

I am getting Reference ID and its asking for Win 7 key.

the same 4 me

Use internet explorer to register, it wont ask for a key then.

Gamkutopolowk

i have perfect my laptop support for Windows 8 when i have upgrade bios !!! no one incompatible

I am getting Reference ID and its asking for Win 7 key.

the same 4 me

Use internet explorer to register, it wont ask for a key then.

This did it. Thanks.

@avmad

Thanks anyway.

@everybody

Now, if we buy this upgrade, can we do a clean install, or we must do the actual upgrade over some older Windows version?

Cheers ;)

Archived