Mozilla Firefox 16.0.1 Final / 17.0 Beta 1

jalaffa

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to thylacine, shanijee and xarax for the update.

Download

Note: Users of Firefox 16.0 are recommended to update to 16.0.1 immediately, due to serious vulnerability in v16.0.

• Replies 27
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

they never change its speed , it will happen only when FF start supporting multie core cpuz

Incorrect. Look at changelog of 16.0, significant speed reduction has been cut down by doing incremental garbage collection. In addition to that, IonMonkey javascript engine upgrade is coming in Firefox 18, which increases Firefox speed by 20 to 26% In addition, in last few versions, lots and lots of speed has increased.

• Administrator

Firefox keeps on crashing.. dunno why though... have 16.0.1 and several plugins... :(

Disable Flash and see. Works fine then disable Flash's sandbox.

Alternatively, disable all the plugins, and enable one by one.

they never change its speed , it will happen only when FF start supporting multie core cpuz

Incorrect. Look at changelog of 16.0, significant speed reduction has been cut down by doing incremental garbage collection. In addition to that, IonMonkey javascript engine upgrade is coming in Firefox 18, which increases Firefox speed by 20 to 26% In addition, in last few versions, lots and lots of speed has increased.

that what mozilla claim maybe, in the filed test or u may call it user experience i see same slow results since older FF builds .

• Administrator

I'm a statistical guy, I keep an eye on the timer, Firefox speed keeps increasing here.

Anyway, Firefox 17 disables my beloved about:config entries:

• mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines
  • mousewheel.withnokey.numlines

But on a positive side, they have introduced:

• mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y

What do these entries do? :rolleyes: Drastically speed up the scrolling. How, just take mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y in about:config and change it to 200 or 300. See your Firefox fly. :D

Firefox keeps on crashing.. dunno why though... have 16.0.1 and several plugins... :(

Disable Flash and see. Works fine then disable Flash's sandbox.

Alternatively, disable all the plugins, and enable one by one.

Thanks for your reply/help.. gonna try it out then... ^_^

Thanks for the update.

DKT27, thanks for the about:config entries to speed up mouse wheel scrolling in Firefox 16 for now.

To explain how to do this very helpful tweak:

1. Open Firefox, then type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter

2. In the Filter box, type mousewheel.withnokey.

3. Right-click mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines and then click Toggle. This should set the value to False.

4. Right-click mousewheel.withnokey.numlines and then click Modify. Bump the value to 6 or so, click OK, and then switch to another tab to see if you like the scroll speed. (Thankfully, you don't have to restart Firefox every time you make a change.) If not, experiment a bit until you find a number you like.

I keep mine at 21, though there are times when I want--or even need--the option of scrolling more slowly.

Solution: I hold down the Alt key. That drops Firefox back to line-at-a-time scrolling until I release the key.

Firefox 16 is born with a hole

Mozilla announces the suspension of the latest release of its browser. A vulnerability to malicious sites allow you to access your browsing. The Android version is already secure

Rome - Only a day has passed since the release of the latest version of the Firefox browser. In a post appeared in the pages of its Security Blog, Mozilla has announced the withdrawal of version 16. A scrupulous forms of precaution, which will force users to return temporarily to release 15.0.1 of the famous web browsing tool.

Mozilla has indeed discovered a security vulnerability that would allow a malicious site to access the browsing history of users, to obtain the details of the URL of each site visited by the browser. The same technical Firefox are not sure that the hole has already been used in a fraudulent manner.

The version for Android devices has already been made safe, and all users who do not want to run the downgrading to version 15 will wait for the patch to fix the problem. Firefox 16 has already led to the closure of 14 vulnerabilities in the previous release, 11 of which are considered critical.

-Original articlehttp://punto-informatico.it/3623938/PI/Brevi/firefox-16-nasce-col-buco.aspx

Archived