USB Problem

Knightmare

I have a 32 GB flash drive. I upgraded from a 16 GB. In that time, I have updated my drivers and I let someone borrow the drive, as I added files to it for them. My issue is that ever since all of that, my computer does not recognize the flash drive occasionally. Sometimes the computer will act normal and show that the flash drive is inserted, but other times the computer does not show the flash drive and I have to unplug the flash drive and plug it into another port. You might think that it is a bad port, right? Well when I go to plug the flash drive into the "working port" another time, it does the same thing as the "broken port." So I plug it into the "broken port" and it works fine.

So is this a problem with my flash drive or my drivers? My other flash drives work fine; however, I didn't know if my flash drive being a 32 GB would have any effect on how it functions.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 32 GB flash drive. I upgraded from a 16 GB. In that time, I have updated my drivers and I let someone borrow the drive, as I added files to it for them. My issue is that ever since all of that, my computer does not recognize the flash drive occasionally. Sometimes the computer will act normal and show that the flash drive is inserted, but other times the computer does not show the flash drive and I have to unplug the flash drive and plug it into another port. You might think that it is a bad port, right? Well when I go to plug the flash drive into the "working port" another time, it does the same thing as the "broken port." So I plug it into the "broken port" and it works fine.

So is this a problem with my flash drive or my drivers? My other flash drives work fine; however, I didn't know if my flash drive being a 32 GB would have any effect on how it functions.

are u using deepfreeze??? this software can affect the usb port! i already experience this... try to remove deepfreeze and use sandboxie instead

You might think that it is a bad port, right?

or sometime flash drive not supported by particular connection :)

try to go drive manufacturer's site to find appropriate driver. Install the driver then reboot...

or you can try change drive letter via Disk Management

jimbojet2011

Sometimes the voltage on the usb port isnt enough! or the voltage has power dips.

Try a different port on the back of your pc ( the one stuck on your mainboard )

Good luck

You might think that it is a bad port, right?

or sometime flash drive not supported by particular connection :)

try to go drive manufacturer's site to find appropriate driver. Install the driver then reboot...

or you can try change drive letter via Disk Management

I did change the drive letter. I'll try going to the website and seeing what they say.

UPDATE

I went to the website but there isn't a driver available to download. :(

Any other suggestions?

UPDATE

I went to the website but there isn't a driver available to download. :(

Any other suggestions?

have you visit http://www.driverguide.com/ ? site with completely drivers list.
This site didn't have it either. I'm wonder if it isn't the flash drive itself. I got really bad reviews on a lot of sites.

Archived