MediaMonkey Auto Rate?

Knightmare

Does Mediamonkey have a feature that rates songs automatically? If so, how do I turn this off? I have ratings on songs that I haven't rated. I don't know if the songs are like that by default or not. I know that there's a plug-in that rates songs automatically, but I didn't install any plug-ins for Mediamonkey.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this feature exists in MediaMonkey.

Maybe you got files which are already rated and these rates are included in the tag.

I already got some like this and I have to remove manually the rate or give my own rate !

The ratings can also be coming from Windows Media Player. When you add or rescan music from mediamonkey, an option wil appear asking you if you would like to import data from other players. Windows Media Player being one of the players listed. By default Mediamonkey does not have the option to automatically rate your songs.

From Microsoft

"How are ratings used in Windows Media Player?

Windows Media Player uses ratings to help you find and organize your favorite songs, videos, and pictures quickly. You can also use ratings as a search criteria when creating auto playlists.

Ratings are displayed in the Rating column in your library. By default, most items in your library are automatically given an auto rating. The auto rating is controlled by non-Microsoft data providers, such as AMG and some online stores. You can override an auto rating by explicitly choosing a new user rating. You can distinguish between the two types of ratings by the appearance of the stars, which are blue for auto ratings and bright yellow for user ratings.

When creating an auto playlist, you can search for items based upon their auto ratings or their user ratings (note that user rating appears in the search criteria list as My Rating)."

Archived