Problem with uninstallation of software

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How are you? I was doing a manteinance at my dad's notebook when a I've found a corrupt installation of Java 7 update 4 and and old installation of Java 6 update 26, and an installation of Java 6 update 35. I've tried to clean the corrupt installation of Java 7 update 4 using CCleaner and Your Uninstaller, but it remains there, the same thing with Java 6 update 26. Is there anyway to fix this? It has Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x32 and the brand and model of the notebook is HP 425. Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this helps

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4459

Download, installer and run the program. Look for the Java version 7u4 and 6u26 and hit remove. It will usually run two cmd prompt window that run and close very quickly. That should do it in terms of removing the software. I use it all the time. Let me know if that helps!

-BTY

Thanks you all. JavaRA didn't work and @jimbo that's for corporate environments.

i had the same problem as you some time back, couldn't uninstall some version of java and javara didn't help. fortunately revo uninstaller (available here) did help

Thanks you all. JavaRA didn't work and @jimbo that's for corporate environments.

- open `Local Disk (C:)` in Explorer and modify settings to show hidden files and protected system files :

Posted Image

- install Revo Uninstaller Pro

- right click on folders `java` and `Sun` and select `Uninstall with Revo Uninstaller Pro` -> remove all java related registry & files (in Program Files , Common Files , ProgramData and Users)

- run CCleaner

- clean registry ( I recommend you jv16 PowerTools Lite )

- reboot and that`s all B)

PS : it`s better (and safer) to revert the settings in Explorer to default (don`t show hiden files and protected system files)

Archived