Firefox Nightly (64-bit)

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Hello Readers,

This one is of a minor annoyance to me and I know it's expected.

Anyway, I'm using the Nightly builds of the 64-bit version of Firefox.

Sadly for the most part I can get Extensions to work, but when it comes to installing Themes, for the most part, I can't do that.

I do have the Compatibility check disabled. And would like to try out a few new themes, but can't install them due to using 18(Nightly).

Not sure if anyone knows if there's some sort of workaround (Without installing, WaterFox to install and then switch back to Nightly).

Thanks.

Just meh that there's still no official 64-bit release of FF {Excluding Waterfox}

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

I've tried them, but with the way I have my browser laid-out, it ruins most of the Persona's design.

And meh stupid me, just had to change the Useragent and now things work =P

SacredCultivator

This one will be a tad different, but was searching Extensions for a Theme Switcher and This one showed up, but I guess it doesn't work with the latest Firefox.

Any alternatives by chance? Since I'm giving a few themes a shot now.

@evildust: For those builds, are they customized in anyway like Waterfox or just recompiled for 64-bit?

In the info.md: "This is an unmodified, a.k.a vanilla, 64-bit (x64) PGO build of Mozilla Firefox taken from the stable branch.

As a 64-bit application it needs 64-bit plugins, the 32-bit ones won't work. The extensions work like they do with the 32-bit Firefox.

Of course this build will use the same Firefox profile, so be careful when uninstalling any of the two builds, not to remove your settings and stuff.

The update checker and the crash reporter are disabled since this isn't an officially supported build."

There's little to absolutely no performance gains using an x64 build of Firefox or using Waterfox. In fact, some areas actually take a hit in performance, not to mention plug-in compatability issues. Better off forgetting about x64 builds for now and just sticking with x86 until there's actual reasons to do otherwise. :)

Archived