maxthon downloading and uploading ?

princenarwal

hello bros,

installed maxthon 3.4.5.2000 and now whenever i start it, it start downloading and uploading data to different ips. one was 172.22.6.45, another one showing address smartminds.net

and many different ips eating all the bandwidth. allowed it run for some time and it downloaded about 40 mb showing no information. even web page not open when it start downloading.

is someone else facing the same problem?

• Replies 1
  • Views 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used the portable versions on and off for two or three years, and currently I had v3.4.1 portable. I never paid any attention before I read your post, because I seldom used it, but after seeing your post I decided to check it. I opened "TCPView" to watch the network connections, then opened Maxthon, and Maxthon immediately made a whole page full of connections (more than 20 for sure, but I didn't bother to count) to somewhere and started downloading like crazy.I immediately shut the browser down, but it kept 5 connections open anyway and I had to use task manager to shut them down. I had thought Maxthon was a good browser but was missing an option or two that I want, so I didn't use it much. I don't know what was going on, but I don't like software that goes playing on the internet and putting stuff on my computer without my permission. Thanks to your info, I have deleted it and will not be using it again. Thank you for the heads-up.

Archived