uTorrent stops downloading

Knightmare

Whenever I'm downloading a file, uTorrent will say that it's downloading the file, then suddenly stop the torrent. I have to manually go in and press play to start the download. Is this a bug in the program? I've noticed that this has been happening to me for the past few versions. I'm using the latest stable release currently. I never noticed this happening in version 2. Anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a fix?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the same problem so it's not just you or me. Don't know what's going on then. Will use BitTorrent for now...

Whenever I'm downloading a file, uTorrent will say that it's downloading the file, then suddenly stop the torrent. I have to manually go in and press play to start the download. Is this a bug in the program? I've noticed that this has been happening to me for the past few versions. I'm using the latest stable release currently. I never noticed this happening in version 2. Anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a fix?

Are you using MalwareBytes AntiMalware ?!

Are you using MalwareBytes AntiMalware ?!

I am along with avast! I do use utorrent sparingly bitcommet (stopped) and more offten Shareaza!

I ahd the same problem with the private tracker TL, MBAM blocked several IP's from it so I could not download from it, so I excluded them and now it's fine! :)

• Administrator

One thing I've learned from recent times, never use MBAM real-time. It just blocks everything, even when it's not running. I'll advice everyone to not even register the full version.

Hell, I stopped using the full version of MBAM, and was using the free version, and it still blocked things. :huh:

The newest beta might change things for good though. :)

I ahd the same problem with the private tracker TL, MBAM blocked several IP's from it so I could not download from it, so I excluded them and now it's fine! :)

Odd! my problem is that i get to various percentages on what im downloading and then i cant seem to go any further!

Its like im been stopped from goin further/put on hold!

got the same prob here.... I start a download... minimize utorrent... then when i go to see the progress the torrent is stopped... have to start it manually... doesnt happen everytime...sometimes only...

got the same prob here.... I start a download... minimize utorrent... then when i go to see the progress the torrent is stopped... have to start it manually... doesnt happen everytime...sometimes only...

yeah, but rescan for more sources and theres lots of of em but i cant carry on!!!!

No problemos here, using utorrent 2.0.3 :doctor:

I can download, I just have to do it manually. I've never had a problem with MBAM before, though.

Archived