Strange email problem

avmad

Okay I use The Bat and Dream Mail for reading emails and the problem happens in both programs.

Which ever one I use it will close down instantly if I click on an email from Facebook :lol: I know sensible programs lol.

I'm not a fan of Facebook but do get emails in case anyone tries to contact me (very rarely)

Back to the problem. It will instantly shutdown/disappear if I try to view a message from FB. Doesn't happen with any other mail from anywhere.

I can view FB site fine on the web.

I've tried shutting down AV, Firewall. Uninstalled Anti-Spam and looked through many settings trying to figure out why.

As i'm no fan I may have added software to block tracking, privacy and stuff but nothing I can figure out to block this.

I haven't put FB in a black list. Checked software that may have caused it but nothing I've done has helped.

Could my Hosts file (modified MVPS) cause it?

If anyone knows of a recent program that could cause it please let me know.

I've scanned for viruses and crap but nothing new shows up. I'm pretty sure I must have done it but have no idea how :rolleyes:

I've searched for logs but not sure if I even looked in the right places.

Any ideas welcome :D

• Replies 1
  • Views 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm.. strange thing indeed...

I myself have a hotmail problem, I deleted my old hotmail account but after a few days I thought.. meh.. maybe open it again, same email address but when I try to make an account again with that same email address I had, hotmail says that that account already exists, so... when I try to login with that email address and type my old password It says that there isn't an account with that email address... lol.. :D

Archived