Need portable app sites

XeShadowFax

Hey everyone I am looking for any and all websites that have the best full-version portable apps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of three very reliable sites for portable versions of commercial software, but I might get bashed for posting links to them, so I'll P.M. you with the url,s. The first is the best (more apps and multiple download sites) the second is very good, but with only one or two file hosters, and the third (which you and most other people already know of) has good software, but usually only one file hoster and his "portable" apps are prone to leaving registry entries on computers that they are used on. I know of several other pretty good ones, but you have to be careful because every once-in-a-while you could get a bug. (all decent security software will flag some of them as malware, but most aren't.) NONE of the software coded by the three guys on this list has malware in it. One site (the second) has a very good, active forum also where users can post all manner of software, and malware is NOT TOLERATED, but like most other boards ,the apps come from other sources - not the people who are posting them - and occasionally the OP will miss some spooks, so as always, "Trust, But Verify". :ph34r:

Mixed

PortableTURK, FC Portables or SoftLab-Portable

Free

Pendriveapps, App-Stick, LiberKey, Lupo PenSuite and finally winPenPack :)

• 1 month later...

Archived