Issue with USB ports on my computer

sanjoa

Hi, guys! Wazap? :P I've gotta problem with my computer and my pendrives, they stopped working yesterday. I was installing a game from my Kingston 8GB Pendrive when the explorer.exe process hung up. Have to restart the computer, because I coudn't restart it. First of all, I thought it (pendrive) died, but it worked without problem in other computer. USB ports are working OK, because my mouse is USB connected, but my two pendrives are not working. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance, nsane family. :)

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. But no USB connection is shown when the pendrive is connected. And that programme hungs up

uninstall all the drivers highlighted in the image below and restart your computer..windows will automatically load the drivers

Posted Image

I don't think it's a USB driver problem. Why do my USB mouse works good without problems?

Hi, guys! Wazap? :P I've gotta problem with my computer and my pendrives, they stopped working yesterday. I was installing a game from my Kingston 8GB Pendrive when the explorer.exe process hung up. Have to restart the computer, because I coudn't restart it. First of all, I thought it (pendrive) died, but it worked without problem in other computer. USB ports are working OK, because my mouse is USB connected, but my two pendrives are not working. What can I do to fix this? Thanks in advance, nsane family. :)

Actually, I also had the same problem few days ago. I personally think some connection in the pendrives have been disconnected or broken.

• Administrator

ESET interfering?

Anyway, when things are not plug in computers, they are hidden in Device Manager. Open Device Manager > View menu > Show Hidden Devices. Try to find your USB in "Portable Devices" and other places and uninstall it.

Does other pen drives work in your computer except the 8 GB one that you have?

unknownasphyxiated

Thank you. But no USB connection is shown when the pendrive is connected. And that programme hungs up

make sure you download according to your OS bit

i never got problem running the software...run as admin

i don't think the driver is broken but the registered entry in registry for that device is somehow broken

or you can try this

connect your flash drive to other computer

run usbdeview so you can see all the detail about your flash drive

run usbdeview in your computer > try find the same detail and uninstall

currently im running Ess 5...tested usb 2.0 and 3.0

ESET interfering?

Anyway, when things are not plug in computers, they are hidden in Device Manager. Open Device Manager > View menu > Show Hidden Devices. Try to find your USB in "Portable Devices" and other places and uninstall it.

ESET not making any trouble.

Does other pen drives work in your computer except the 8 GB one that you have?

No pendrive works in this computer.

make sure you download according to your OS bit

i never got problem running the software...run as admin

i don't think the driver is broken but the registered entry in registry for that device is somehow broken

or you can try this

connect your flash drive to other computer

run usbdeview so you can see all the detail about your flash drive

run usbdeview in your computer > try find the same detail and uninstall

currently im running Ess 5...tested usb 2.0 and 3.0

I've downloaded the correct version. I'm on Win7 x64 Ult

Will tell you something. The problem is on the USB slots. My printer is not being read too

I'm trying to uninstall USB drivers but I can't. Uninstallation hungs up. Maybe I need to format my HDD and reinstall Windows

something serious may have happened, HDD failure suspected.

eset 5 is also famous for doing that problems...so if you're using it be sure to running the latest version and not using few others appz that make the problem still going (i remember only Malawarebytes but there are others, check eset forum for the exact link!)

I don't know what happened but the issue has been resolved.

Thank you all :)

Archived