Playing .mkv or almost any file in PS3 and Blu Ray Players .

majithia23

The Method Here ---

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/140668-recommend-a-good-video-converter/#entry452247

Original thread ---

Allright guys ,

need your help this time to get a video converter .

requirements . the most important criteria are ---

1> Convert mkv to m2ts format .

2> Should be able to handle DTS HD Master Audio or better if it does nothing to the audio . just leave it as it is .

i have some files in mkv format with DTS HDMA audio .

i just need to convert the mkv to m2ts and leave the sound untouched as it is , so that my Blu ray player can recognize the file and play it !

so what do you recommend ... :think:

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only program i use for converting video is Xillisoft video converter Ultimate ( 7.4 )

it can convert almost everything - to almost everything

you can try it out

I think that the free Super © from Erightsoft can handle that format. Xilisoft´s Video Converter Ultimate is another alternative.

• Administrator

Honestly, this is the first time I've heard about m2ts. Maybe because I'm not into blu-ray. :)

Anyway, I just checked and Xilisoft supports it. So yea, Xilisoft > others.

broascadilie

Sony Vegas Pro ofc and as alternative i strongly recommend AVS Video Converter !

I always use WinAVI All in One Converter :)

thanks to everyone for the suggestions ! :)

but i found out that a converter isnt needed in the first place to accomplish what i intended to do . ( although , i dont know exactly , it might be able to this job . But there is an easier way to do this )

the thing is -- Sony PS3 and Sony Blu Ray players ( and even so many other brands ) cannot play .mkv content .

the latest ones do recognize the .mkv files when played via USB , but they do not play the HD Audio inside the file . what you end up hearing is simple standard DTS or Dolby sound .

they will recognize and decode the DTS HD audio only when the file format is an actual Blu Ray file format , that is -- m2ts , AVCHD .

so the mkv to m2ts conversion is a simple matter of changing the media containers .

what this requires is ---

1-- extract the audio and the video out of the .mkv container .( known as Demux )

2-- repackage the audio and video into m2ts container . ( known as Remux )

this process does not interfere or do anything with the audio and video quality , keeps it as it is and just changes the outer coverings .

So the process is extremely fast as compared to conversion , and you get the exact audio and video quality of the original file . ;) :)

here the excellent program --- tsmuxer -- http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/tsMuxeR.shtml

supports multiple file formats and HD Audio .

convert almost any file into a Blu Ray format file and easily play it on your PS3 or your Blu Ray Player !

one more thing ---

if your player recognizes some .mkv files and fails on some .mkv files giving you an unsupported file format , not to worry .

the issue is , most Blu Ray players recognize .mkv files at max profile of 4.1 .

anything encoded at a profile greater than 4.1 will be unplayable on the Blu Ray player .

soln -- simply add the file into tsmuxer and tell it to change the profile to 4.1 and within no time you have your file ready .

now play it in your player and see how it runs without a hitch .. ;)

hope it helps any one wanting such a solution ..

( thinking of changing the thread title ...! :think: )

Nice info Guru..Finally, I get to know about Demux-Remux.

I wish that I have some BluRay business, But I don't so no problem with that.

This concept will help aLOLtz to the one waiting for it :)

yes rudrax , even i did not knew about muxing .

a lil bit of research and fiddling got to me to the correct solution ! :)

this program is one of its kind and that too totally free !

bless the developers ! :)

Archived