Format Factory Error

ramiz0

Please help me. I have a Format Factory 2.95 and I’m using it quite fine until my younger sister uninstalled it few days ago. So I have reinstalled Format Factory but it is showing an error message

“e:\Program Files\FreeTime\FormatFactory\FormatFactory.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.”

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the software a lot of times and until now it is of no use. I really need your help. Any kind of suggestions on what to do and ideas on how to solve this software installation

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Make sure both:

Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package

Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

is installed. 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your OS.

I'll recommend Xilisoft Ultimate over Format Factory. Format Factory kills quality after converting.

I suggest you to remove leftovers and traces manually after uninstallation and then do a good registry clean up and it will be fine. ;)

Make sure to check for the traces at Program Files, ProgramData, AppData/Local & AppData/Roaming. ^_^

To be sure, On HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ FormatFactory . Remove and then reinstall han , revenue view :rolleyes:

• uninstall FormatFactory
  • run a cleaner for registry and junk cleaning (Ccleaner)
  • restart PC
  • install FormatFactory
Not working?
  • try installing in the same drive where windows is installed (if E is not your windows drive)

Thanks Guys :wub: :rolleyes:

Hey ramiz0, it's always a good idea to have REVO Uninstaller Pro uninstalled then when faced with this type of problem you can remove all trace of the annoying software! Also good for forcing another trial out of stubborn programs that leave some crap in the registry or a file somewhere when uninstalled.. usually REVO can find it and delete all. then when you reinstall you get your trial again or fully working program again!

http://www.nsanedown...equest=48539700

Glad you got it sorted :)

Archived