[FIXED] Desktop Icons Rearrange on Reboot

Knightmare

I recently removed a virus from a clients computer and ever since I removed the virus, their icons don't stay in place when they move them to different areas on the desktop. I've tried unchecking auto arrange and unchecking align icons to grid. The system seems to reset my settings. The virus seems to be gone but now I get an error saying that two .dll files could not be loaded from the Roaming folder. Does anyone know a registry key that could be linked to icons rearranging themselves?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Moved to Software Chat.

I'm not sure that we're allowed to alter the computers; we can't install new programs, we can only use what's on there already. We can install some stuff, like CCleaner and Malwarebytes, but we have to remove it when we're done. So that's why I'm looking for a registry fix of some sort. I did notice somethings in the startup menu that I disabled, but maybe there was more.

Sometimes we use the process of clearing garbage will be related to registry damage and defect from dll file in the files system .To reinstall all-time Windows Perhaps you should .

We're trying to avoid that too. I'm just wondering if there is someway to repair the files--or which files are broken, if any.

I found a progam years ago that works on windows xp, vista, seven and 8 RTM called Desktop Restore. Comes in x86 & x64 versions. http://www.midiox.co...ktoprestore.htm

Great little utility...it get installed on every OS I have along with Unlocker and Hidden file toggle (in rt clk context menu).

I also have a strange issue with Win7 occasionally deleting my optical drive shortcuts from the desktop...weird.

unknownasphyxiated

try it first then you will know :lol:

it could be the solution but i think this related to registry

try it first then report here

WHAT ABOUT TUNEUP UTILITIES? (to repair) IT MAY BE IN THE EXPLORER.EXE PRECESS ERROR? OR THE WINDOWS INSTALLER PRECESS?

ALSO THERE'S A FEW GOOD TOOLS IN WINDOWS 7 MANAGER ABOUT RESETTING DESKTOP SETTINGS in case of malware or virus infestation

ALSO YOU COULD USE THE REPAIR OPTION MAYBE IN THE WINDOWS DISC

ps. sorry for the caps i tend to have a tendency to not look up at the screen :P

unknownasphyxiated

for me,Tune Up not a good software for tweaking or reverse virus effect

prefer win7manager than TuneUp

try it first then you will know :lol:

it could be the solution but i think this related to registry

try it first then report here

The scan didn't work. Do you know which registry file is responsible?

I just did a System Restore and that seemed to work. Obviously, this problem is software related, not hardware. So I'm assuming it was something with the settings in the registry.

Archived