Need help with Android OS

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? My friend gotta a gift in her birthday, a brand new Sony Ericsson W19t mobile phone with Android OS 2.3.4. I need to know how can I install Android apps that I've downloaded to her computer. She can't use Google Play because she has a prepaid account with his cellphone company and using internet is so expensive and also she has no Wi-Fi at her home, yet. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok simple method . download android app to ur computer. copy it to phone sd card. then install the app from there..

Hi, guys! How you doin'? My friend gotta a gift in her birthday, a brand new Sony Ericsson W19t mobile phone with Android OS 2.3.4. I need to know how can I install Android apps that I've downloaded to her computer. She can't use Google Play because she has a prepaid account with his cellphone company and using internet is so expensive and also she has no Wi-Fi at her home, yet. Thanks in advance.

If your friend has internet at home then download apps from various websites like apkmania.com, .iapktop.com, http://www.cyberdevilz.net and many other in the nsane forum (look up there is topic recently started). Download from these sites and plugin your mobile phone like an usb device and copy the download application to your mobile phone, from there onward you can install apps on to the mobile.

I've downloaded some .apk files and .APK installer. But I can't manage to make it work and copying to SD Card does not work. I can't access to the .apk from the cellphone.

Posted Image

License: Freeware

Current Version: 1.0

Posted Image

Now you can install apps on your Android powered phone or device without having to get them through the Android Market.

Android Injector allows you to quickly and easily install apps that you have downloaded to your computer in the form of ".apk" files onto your Android phone or device. Some phones do not allow you to install apps from any other source except the Android Market. However, some app authors do not release their apps to the Android Market and elect to put them on other sites such as Getjar.com. Android Injector allows you to download apps from those other sources to your computer and then install them onto your phone from your computer quickly and easily via USB connection.

Just install the USB drivers for your phone or device onto your computer (check your carrier or device manufacturer for drivers), connect your phone to your computer via a USB cable, select any amount of Android app files (.apk) and click "Install to device". No rooting or any of that complicated stuff.

http://www.harmonyho...ad/ainjectr.exe

How to install Android beta apps and .apk files
Posted Image

What’s an .apk file? Every time we post about beta applications, the comment section inevitably fills up with people confused about how to download and install Android apps that are not in the Android Market. Well, we can’t keep typing the same information, so here’s a simple explanation of how to do it.
Developers often do beta testing, which is where they distribute a pre-release version of their app so they can have people test it before it’s uploaded to the Android Market. They often distribute these Android apps as .apk files. Here’s how to install them.

Step 1: Download and extract the file
  • Files are often distributed in “appname.zip” or “appname.rar” archive files. Windows PC’s can typically open .zip files natively, but you can download WinRAR if your computer doesn’t have that feature.Note: if the file you download looks like “appname.apk” you can skip to Step 2.
  • Open the archive and Extract the file to “My Documents” or any other folder you can easily access. You can also just right-click “appname.rar” and select “Extract Here” as a shortcut.

Step 2: Mount your SD card
  • Connect your phone and computer through a USB cord. Drag down the Notification Bar on your phone and then press “USB Connected”. Then press “Mount” on the tab that pops up.
  • You should then see a screen that looks like this:
    Posted Image
  • Select “Open folder to view files”

Step 3: Copy the files to the SD card
  • Make note of the location of your SD card. See how it says “Sony Ericsson D:” in the image above? That’s the drive letter.
  • Go to the folder where you downloaded or extracted the appname.apk file. Right-click the file and select “Send to Sony Ericsson D:” (You can also just drag it to the D: drive if that’s easier for you).

Step D: Installing
  • Once the file has copied, disconnect your phone from the computer and then download Astro from the Android Market.
  • Open Astro and go to the /sdcard folder. Click on appname.apk and then install the application. Accept the warning about installing apps from untrusted sources. As long as you avoid illegal sites and display the same common sense you use to protect your PC, you should be okay installing from trusted developers.
Note: Astro also includes a way to unzip files directly within the app, but it’s best to use that when you download files directly on the phone.

Thanks everybody for your help. Will try and tell you later.

First, go to Settings > Applications and there, check "Install from unknown sources". Then, download a file manager and try to send to the phone via blue-tooth. ASTRO is a good choice. you can find it over apkfullapps.com .

From now on, just connect the phone to the PC via USB cable and then copy .apk files to SD. You can install them with the file manager.

Archived