[Solved] volume increasing driver/software?

elohelomg

well, i have an hp laptop that i reinstalled windows 7 on, gave it back to m friend, and she's been complaining about the volume thing not showing on the screen. i reinstalled the quick keys drivers, and while the volume does go up, it doesn't show on the screen (which i thought would be a minor inconvenience) but she wants its to. I've installed all the software that i could find on hp's website, but nothing does it.

Is there any alternative to that? Any sort of software to make that volume increasing menu screen thing come up as you increase/lower the volume, i cant seem to find anything.

also, sorry if its in the wrong section, didn't know where else it would fit.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the application that does that is not in the drivers list, it could be in the software list?

What's the exact model of the HP laptop?

Edit: I read in the HP Support Forum that the software that does that (volume OSD) is HP MediaSmart SmartMenu. It's for an HP Pavillion Notebook.

As far I know, HP doesn't have OEM restriction for installing drivers direct from manufacturer's website..If you have a Realtek sound card (most of the systems have that), try installing the latest driver from Realtek's official website.

on my kids gateway computere wheni went ot the site and updated the sound there was a file that i had to uninstall because it stop sound. so i can see problems liek this happening easy. did you google the problem for that model?

stylemessiah

I have a HP 6910p laptop

As far as i know all thats needed for the onscreen volume display on most HP laptops is the audio driver and the quick keys (hot keys) application

Make sure you are installing as an admin user

• Administrator

I just tried Volume2 and it's just outstanding. 3RVX is OK.

Never knew these things existed. I was missing my old Logitech software's OSD. :D

After countless toying with smartmenu, and multiple download verisons, it finally gave, and decided to work. thanks a lot guys.

but in all honesty, this was sooo not necessary. annoying people will be annoying i guess.

I just tried Volume2 and it's just outstanding. 3RVX is OK.

Never knew these things existed. I was missing my old Logitech software's OSD. :D

Posted Image

• Administrator

After countless toying with smartmenu, and multiple download verisons, it finally gave, and decided to work. thanks a lot guys.

but in all honesty, this was sooo not necessary. annoying people will be annoying i guess.

Thread marked as solved.

Archived