[Solution] Internet + Torrents

BlackLine

This is a solution for all OS (from XP SP2 to Vista SP1)!

Microsoft did send an update via Windows Update (9.1.2008), that does limit your ports to the internet.

Since BitTorrent apps consume a lot of these ports you can browse on the internet normally!

You need a patch : Download

half-open-limit-fix-468x210.jpg

1. Unpack the archive on desktop.

2. Run Half-open_limit_fix_2.9.exe.

3. Select number of open ports (range is from 1-255)

4. Click "Add to tcpip.sys".

5. Restart computer.

And Voila! Now you can download torrents and browse the internet.

Maybe you will experience a bit faster loading when not downloading, which makes this patch excellent!

Cheers,

BlackLine

• Replies 29
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PsychoticxBloodxLust

not so sure this is true, i have no issues downloading what so ever at home on my dsl utorrent and limewire both are not bothered by my firewall anymore and i don't forward my ports either which is wierd but again both uthe new limewire and utorrent are using new embeded redirects i guess but anyway, can anyone verify the worth of this?

Maybe it is true but i could downlaod a dvd in about 15-20mins via torrent on my dsl connection which i have verzion 2gig which is the best they offer in my area still waiting for fios

@ PsychoticxBloodxLust: Did you disable automatic updates, maybe? Download this program and check how many ports are opened on your PC.

I know some people who dont have any problems with that. But I know much more people with this problem!

Check here: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System ... if you see warnings with ID 4226, you have this problem!

@Bizarre: The old one is working just for Windows XP SP2. This patcher works for all Microsoft OS.

From official site:

Operating system: Windows XP SP2(x86,x64)/SP3, Server 2003 SP1(x86)/SP2(x86,x64), Server 2008(x86,x64), Vista without SP(x86,x64) and with SP1(x86,x64).

Ops...

But the patcher I posted works for all OS. And the most important thing that does is that Signs the new tcpip.sys. Vista (x64) and SP1 (x86 and x64) must have all drivers signed.

If tcpip.sys isnt signed you must press F8 and disable "Signed Driver Checking" at EVERY boot!

Ops...

But the patcher I posted works for all OS. And the most important thing that does is that Signs the new tcpip.sys. Vista (x64) and SP1 (x86 and x64) must have all drivers signed.

If tcpip.sys isnt signed you must press F8 and disable "Signed Driver Checking" at EVERY boot!

I'm talking about Windows XP SP3 :)

I know! But I wanted to tell about Vista and signing.

So if you are using XP (all versions) you can use this or the other one.

If you are on Vista this one is the best (you cant use the other one since its only for XP).

In my opinion this is the best all-in-one patch for ALL systems.

I know! But I wanted to tell about Vista and signing.

So if you are using XP (all versions) you can use this or the other one.

If you are on Vista this one is the best (you cant use the other one since its only for XP).

In my opinion this is the best all-in-one patch for ALL systems.

I agree that this is the best TCP patcher, but you should chill man :) .

I'm just proving my point to shought :frusty: .

I agree that this is the best TCP patcher, but you should chill man :frusty: .

I'm just proving my point to shought :ph34r: .

He's already taking it easy :) All is fine, just my bad ;) I thought I read somewhere that the lvlord thing wasn't working anymore so I found myself another one and used that, it did work, so I assumed it was legit and the statement was as well, guess not.

As the song says: Relax, Take It Easy!

Im just explaining the Vista problems! Srry if I thought the other fix dont work on SP3.

:)

PsychoticxBloodxLust

i have 10 open cahnged it 2 255 what does it really change i notice utorrent default is 8

i have 10 open cahnged it 2 255 what does it really change i notice utorrent default is 8

It changes the number of concurrent connections your PC can handle.

The reason why M$ lowered the value is to limit the spread of viruses or so they say.

If you have Utorrent connections set at 8 and Windows ports opened at 10, you still have 2 ports for internet.

I did unlock all ports (255) and set my connections in uTorrent @ 200. I still have 55 ports for internet and my torrent works like a charm. Way more faster connecting to tracker and so on...

Well you're right that internet dies when i open it when i am downloading through u torrent but does it have any connection with bandwidth?If yes then probably it might effect guys with low end connections like mine i have only 128kbps connection.:)

PsychoticxBloodxLust

the main thing is is to make sure you have atleast 2 more open ports then what utorrent is using thats whay utorrent default is 8 and your system is set to allow 10

Well you're right that internet dies when i open it when i am downloading through u torrent but does it have any connection with bandwidth?If yes then probably it might effect guys with low end connections like mine i have only 128kbps connection.;)

If you're using µTorrent, just visit their forums.

I'm sure they have a guide for optimizing settings according to ones' connection speed :unsure: .

uTorrent using NOD32

With µTorrent downloading, IE7 and Firefox were slow to start and slow to browse. Issue resolved by:

NOD32

Setup

Antivirus and antispyware

Web Access Protection

HTTP

Web Browsers

EXCLUDE µTorrent.exe (click on the box on the left)

after click there should be a red cross

uTorrent using NOD32

With µTorrent downloading, IE7 and Firefox were slow to start and slow to browse. Issue resolved by:

NOD32

Setup

Web Access Protection

HTTP

Web Browsers

thx Blackline worked for me

uTorrent using NOD32

NOD32

Setup

Web Access Protection

HTTP

Web Browsers

thx Blackline worked for me

Im glad it worked!

New version of the patcher is out!

Download v3.0

Version 3.0 (November 4, 2008)

- Added support of Windows XP SP1(x64)

- Fixed incorrect display of the program in systems with several monitors and non-standard fonts

- Small improvements

I guess that would be Windows Vista SP1, not XP, right?

I did copy&paste from official site. Yeah...

I think Vista, too.

BTW: Im on Vista SP1 64-bit now. And the new 3.0 patch did work!

Archived