UltimateDefrag 4 Setup Advice

avmad

Anyone have, or come accross a good setup guide as to what configuration to use for best results?

I know it will be different for every computer but maybe a general guide for a few different types of user.

Version 4 looks a lot better than the previous due to the extra features. I've read the manual (RTFM) :P but still confused on what would suit me best. It's just if I guess my way through the best setup it will be hours of optimization just to find a better way of doing it later on, then more hours waiting for that to finish, and so on, never knowing if the computers performing at optimum level.

I'll only use it when I uninstall Rollback to make a backup about every month as needed.

So any advise would be helpfull. Don't bother recommending another defrag program as I've used most already and want to give this one a go :D Thanks. It's a tough question but you don't know if you don't ask.

ps I don't know if it's better than program x,y or z before someone asks :lol:

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Years ago, shought had made a guide.

http://www.mediafire...fgy3vdcg1al3qv0

I don't recommended using it fully, but just read through it to understand.

If you are still not sure, just use Auto mode. Then Options on right of Auto > check Respect Layout.ini. Then move the slider on the lower part of that window to something like Faster. This is the easiest powerful mode. However, doing it manually gives more performance.

I shouldn't have replied to the topic because i am not suggesting a good configuration of ultimatedefrag but i just advice you to use iobit smart defrag once and i am sure you will like it

Thanks. DKT that's the sort of thing I was looking for, hoping for a version specific one but can't find any. It's still the same principal but many changes nowdays B)

Like I said I read the manual, but then im just hoping I set it up the best I can. Would be nice to follow a guide of people with more testing of the program than myself.

Simple mode seems pretty good with putting high performance on the outside. Maybe I'll do it myself after it's done its thing.

Archived