cFosSpeed Review/Opinions

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I'd like to hear from someone who uses it if it does make any considerable difference. I'm on WiFi, will it be of any use to me?

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tested it on 1 or 2 machines and found out that:

If your connection/carrier sucks, then don't expect much difference... it will still suck...

If you have other kind of problems, like bad configuration of devices, you probably have a better internet experience.

Don't expect wonders out of this. No program/software can fix a bad connection or other hardware issues.

You can always try before you make your judgement. The trial is enough to decide.

It won't do magic and speed up your connection that much!

It will only optimize it to make sure you use all the bandwidth with maximum speed possible.

But the main feature of this program is to calibrate the line, which is perfectly useful.

For example, you can easily download with IDM, share a torrent and visit a website at the same time while you are talking over VoIP. :)

It will work very fine, the other feature which is very good is that it can minimize ping when necessary and maximize the bandwidth, too and of course at the expense of the other one. :)

I have used it for years and really happy with it, I highly recommend it, great program. ;)

I simply love it for that window displaying what's going on regarding bandwidth use.

Posted Image

I can't live without it any more, I even bought a license! ^_^

This program probably wont speed up your connection, instead it makes it more stable.

Like Nima said, you can do lots of things at the same time like downloading and watching a video.

Try it for at least a week and then decide for yourself. I know without it I can only do one thing at a time. ;)

You can always try before you make your judgement. The trial is enough to decide.

I've been using cFosSpeed since 2 years and I'm still on trial :P (Need more time to evaluate)

I simply love it for that window displaying what's going on regarding bandwidth use.

Posted Image

Haha this is one of my favorite features of cFosSpeed :D

Thank you guys for all your reviews (:

Below is my response from last year.

cFosSpeed does not and will not increase your network speed.

It's meant to stabilize your network connection.

I already have a pretty fast internet connection. I were just wondering as to what it does. Thanks for the information (:

Of coure, it make you have maxium speed :showoff: with TCP RWIN "Automatically expand TCP RWIN to increase download speed if the RWIN selected by Windows is too low."

@phâm:

And how will your network speed increase if your ISPs network connection is already slow?

Even if you tweak every available network setting for Windows, you will not get any network speed increase.

Take it from someone who has been using cFosSpeed on different network connections for years.

I already have a pretty fast internet connection. I were just wondering as to what it does. Thanks for the information (:

You can optimize your connection speed by allotting different internet bandwiths to different applications - for example, you may grant more/less priority to your P2P (while browsing at the same time.) ;)

• Administrator

You can optimize your connection speed by allotting different internet bandwiths to different applications - for example, you may grant more/less priority to your P2P (while browsing at the same time.) ;)

This is done by default by the way no special need to change anything. Just noting.

It will squeeze out the connection as much as possible, and will make it stable.

I always felt v5 if I'm not wrong, was better than v6 and v7 (in stability). But v8 update has brought back my confidence into it.

And yea, the cool network monitoring window. :D

And yea, the cool network monitoring window. :D

LOL +1 :D

I always felt v5 if I'm not wrong, was better than v6 and v7 (in stability). But v8 update has brought back my confidence into it.

I noticed the same thing as you. v5 was way better then v6 and v7, but v8 brings the performance of v5 and it's even better now. With v6 and v7 I started to have issues when using torrent, it would impact my browsing, but now that's OK with v8. I even complained to them back then, since I have a valid licence.

@Tweety.Abd

I definitely recommend this program. It will make your browsing pleasant, especially if you use torrents. Probably one of the rare software which I would buy, but I got it for free. :D I translated it to my language, and I still keep it updated for them when they release new version.

Cheers ;)

• Administrator

I noticed the same thing as you. v5 was way better then v6 and v7, but v8 brings the performance of v5 and it's even better now. With v6 and v7 I started to have issues when using torrent, it would impact my browsing, but now that's OK with v8. I even complained to them back then, since I have a valid licence.

Bulls eye. Exactly. :)

This is done by default by the way no special need to change anything. Just noting.
IMO, the manual allocation is the only plus point of this utility as everyone has different browsing priorities. Its actually useless for me at default settings (might be useful for those whose priorities match, though.) ;)

• Administrator

Does this software set a kind of "local QoS" ?

Kinda. Try it.

Archived