[Solved] Firefox - All Websites Issue

General Lee

General Lee

Hey guys. Recently, I've been getting this weird error with Firefox, on every single website I go to: "This Connection is Untrusted"

I basically couldn't use it anymore and had to uninstall it. I tried re-installing but, the error came back again. What is the issue here? :huh:

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
General Lee

No, I'm not and this is only happening with Firefox. IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera are all working fine.

try looking in your privacy settings... was your DNS changed by viruses/spyware? maybe firefox is detecting something wonky there.

General Lee

Well, the privacy settings are at default right now since I re-installed it. I even tried the new "Reset Firefox" feature. I am using v14 Beta 6. I've tried v13 Final too. I still get the same error. I don't really have any experience with DNS, I don't even know what that is really, lol. Here is an example of what I am talking about (screenshot):

http://i.imgur.com/dQZgF.jpg

Could this be related to a Java issue? I've recently been trying to update from Java 6 to Java 7 Update 4 but it always fails. There's never any explanation why and Firefox disabled Java automatically. Java 7 Update 4 x64 though, installed fine for IE x64.

Bizarre™

If you have a security software that scans SSL, then try disabling it.

General Lee

That worked, thanks! :) I am using ESET Smart Security 5.2.9.1. I chose the option where it said: "Do not scan SSL protocol". It then restored root certificates. I checked and Firefox was working. I then enabled it SSL scanning again to see if that indeed was the problem. Well, even after enabling it, Firefox worked.

Archived