morteza

"In fact, there are more bugs in the V6 than in a Bombay brothel. :("

What bugs did you find mate?

• Replies 65
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, Just as an example:-

If you try to disable the protection temporarily by right-clicking the ESET Tray icon >>----> Temporarily disable protection (you see before you; the following 5 options):-

2m4srig.jpg

If you select, for instance 4 hours, but reboot anytime before the expiry of 4 hours - the Program enables protection before the time expires. :frusty:

Hmm you're right Eset is not perfect...but just take a look at Kaspersky , they are already at "patch F" , and it is also far to be perfect...

• Administrator

If you try to disable the protection temporarily by right-clicking the ESET Tray icon >>----> Temporarily disable protection (you see before you; the following 5 options):-

2m4srig.jpg

If you select, for instance 4 hours, but reboot anytime before the expiry of 4 hours - the Program enables protection before the time expires. :frusty:

That's not a bug, it's a feature. Every AV I've tried does that. In principal, AV should start and shouldn't be disabled at boot (unless advanced options ofc).

• 2 weeks later...

2m4srig.jpg

That's not a bug, it's a feature. Every AV I've tried does that. In principal, AV should start and shouldn't be disabled at boot (unless advanced options ofc).

That's a bug - the feature (you mis-state) is already present as the 5th option "until next restart" (which makes the 4th option redundant.) When a User specifies 4 hours it bloody well be 4 hours - that's a very clear bug. :thumbsdown:

There are many occasions in the initial startup stage when an AV is required by (for example) Skinners to be disabled at reboot, for security of the freshly themed system files - the AV has no business re-enabling itself and causing a permanent reboot loop (if that was required one would've resorted to the last option, instead.) This bug is so nasty that in the example cited above - Windows 8 would be required to be reformatted.

• Administrator

That's a bug - the feature (you mis-state) is already present as the 5th option "until next restart" (which makes the 4th option redundant.) When a User specifies 4 hours it bloody well be 4 hours - that's a very clear bug. :thumbsdown:

There are many occasions in the initial startup stage when an AV is required by (for example) Skinners to be disabled at reboot, for security of the freshly themed system files - the AV has no business re-enabling itself and causing a permanent reboot loop (if that was required one would've resorted to the last option, instead.) This bug is so nasty that in the example cited above - Windows 8 would be required to be reformatted.

Still, not a bug. All the AVs I've tried do this. No matter what you select, it will enable at next reboot, that's how it's suppose to work.

To a modder, it is useless, for a noob, it's a great feature. Many malwares execute themselves at boot, AVs being disabled at startup can wreck havoc. There are also some targeted malware out there who disable the AV, hence, re-enabling at boot is also useful there.

• Administrator

avast allows permanent deactivation upon reboot.... :wtf:

Not when I had tried. Maybe they included later. :dunno:

Is the permanent deactivation a different option?

i think that i've seen it sice v6. right click on the task bar icon and on shields control, there are some options. off for 10min, off for 1h, off until reboot and off permanently. i thinkl that off permanently doesn't bring back avast shields after reboot.. i'll teste and provided feedback. :)

• Administrator

i think that i've seen it sice v6. right click on the task bar icon and on shields control, there are some options. off for 10min, off for 1h, off until reboot and off permanently. i thinkl that off permanently doesn't bring back avast shields after reboot.. i'll teste and provided feedback. :)

That's fine. That's all I wanted to know. :) I guess it (permanently) will not enable at reboot.

Question is, does setting it to 1 hour turn it back on after reboot? :)

setting to permanently off didn't bring the shields up after reboot.

the other settings i think it does bring them back. i think that as happened once with me with avast. i forgot the set them on again after installing\patching some software and after reboot i think avast was up and running again.

• Administrator

the other settings i think it does bring them back. i think that as happened once with me with avast. i forgot the set them on again after installing\patching some software and after reboot i think avast was up and running again.

Which confirms. What ESET is doing is not a bug. :)

Instead, they need to include "Permanently disable" as an option.

Still, not a bug. All the AVs I've tried do this. No matter what you select, it will enable at next reboot, that's how it's suppose to work.

If that's really how it's supposed to work, then - what is the point in providing the 5th option fo Time interval >>----> "Until next restart." :dunno:

To a modder, it is useless, for a noob, it's a great feature. Many malwares execute themselves at boot, AVs being disabled at startup can wreck havoc. There are also some targeted malware out there who disable the AV, hence, re-enabling at boot is also useful there.

Here's a parallel example:-

The path-breaking new features of Windows 8 that put all other OS to shame:-

• Secure Boot
  • Early Launch Antimalware
  • Boot-Start Driver Initialization

All the above mentioned features (enabled, by default) are good for n00bs (and others, too) - but, they still have the option to be disabled (just like NOD32 has.) The only difference is that Windows 8 respects those User preferences - NOD32 does not.

BTW, that NOD32 bug does not affect only Modders - it affects n00bs (and everyone else.) Check out the last point in the caution note of my Windows 8 tutorial - anyone trying a pending file rename stunt on reboot with NOD32 enabled can kiss his/her OS good-bye regardless of how n00b he is or how accomplished he was.

• 2 weeks later...

We do not want to hide, so if you have any comments we are waiting for them :)

Hey lemark, I found another bug in the latest NOD32 Antivirus 6.0.314.0 - get your hidden a$$ back in here before I decide to storm your official forums.

How can you Peeps commit such foolish bloopers that go against the Windows code - brand new stupid bug. :frusty:

• 3 months later...

Which confirms. What ESET is doing is not a bug. :)

Here's the Game Mode from COMODO confirming that it's clearly an ESET bug:-

2q6M4hZ.png

We do not want to hide, so if you have any comments we are waiting for them :)

Yo, git outta yer sodden 'ole!!! :angry:

Never Trust these Testing Companies. (My Personal Suggestion) I have test many of the AV but i Found ESET as the Best, But According to all the Testing Companies BitDefender is the Best, but i found it the worst as it is too buggy.

Archived