Av-Test April 2012 Test Results

morteza

Hi all, i am working in ESET and can confirm that we are taking failure in the test very seriously, working hard and some issues we already solved, but some of them will take more time to fix.

However the impact in the real world, outside the testing labs, is negligible as if the AV was not turned off all of the malware would have been dealt with.

We also already have many freely available cleaning tools within ESET Knowledge Base http://kb.eset.com/en_EN/

We do not want to hide, so if you have any comments we are waiting for them :)

• Replies 65
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, i am working in ESET and can confirm that we are taking failure in the test very seriously, working hard and some issues we already solved, but some of them will take more time to fix.

However the impact in the real world, outside the testing labs, is negligible as if the AV was not turned off all of the malware would have been dealt with.

We also already have many freely available cleaning tools within ESET Knowledge Base http://kb.eset.com/en_EN/

any proof of you being eset staff

any nsaneforum staff can confirm?

LeetPirate

Well we have no reason to doubt what he says. The only thing I can confirm is that his ip originates from Bratislava, Slovakia; which is eset's home town. If anything else comes to light we'll let you know. EDIT: read post below by Lite.

@lemark: Welcome to our forums, it's great to have you around. :) If you ever want feedback on any ESET feature or product there are quite a number of eset fans here who would be willing to assist. Also you can use the polling station to post any polls.

• Administrator

I can confirm that lemark is an official ESET representative. No doubts at all.

Now we have two AV officials here. XD

Getting to be the new-and-improved Wilders. XDDDD

Anyways, I was surprised that Webroot had such a low score on usability 4/6 - when you look at the tests, it aced the download blockings with zero interventions. In march it had 43 false positives, and in April - zero! This only proves the swift learning curve of the app itself, how it improves on a daily basis - it should have reflected a higher mark in the usability section. When looking at other statistics it is evident that they aren't too damaging. Webbie still managed to do above the average standard.

LOL , just waiting for Murray Hurps to join and ask you for Ad Muncher feedback :D

LOL , just waiting for Murray Hurps to join and ask you for Ad Muncher feedback :D

Yeah, I'd object his pricing policies. :rofl:

Blackchildcx

İ hate eset test result :angry: never gone best result.

best protection:bitdefender

best repair:bitdefender

i usesd bitdefender internet security 2012 but every system restore it crashed down..and i had some infections from time to time..bitdefender is great but since i use G-DATA-INTERNET SECURITY 2012/2013 I had no more infections or proplems..I like Gdata..only thing is that it hits the CPU heavy but with good Hardware thats no big thing..

Technology

Anyways, I was surprised that Webroot had such a low score on usability 4/6 - when you look at the tests, it aced the download blockings with zero interventions. In march it had 43 false positives, and in April - zero! This only proves the swift learning curve of the app itself, how it improves on a daily basis - it should have reflected a higher mark in the usability section. When looking at other statistics it is evident that they aren't too damaging. Webbie still managed to do above the average standard.

I have seen Webroot review video on youtube, basically it failed dramatically. Though, it is a light AV, but what's use of light and fast if it can't protect the system.

Technology

Welcome to Nsane. Atleast, we have someone to make complaint about Eset on this forum. :P

I think we just got Alex - representative of Condusiv (Diskeeper.) ;)

Lemark from ESET.Welcome to the forums bro. maybe you should not see coders corner :D :P . anyway,in this forums you can give good feedback for your software and this forums have good and professional members that they can improve ESET for future.For first step in this forums i think you are our friend and then you are ESET staff ;) :) . have a good time broooooooooooo ^_^

This the only forum where i find Software company's Staff and their Cracks/Serials :P

And they still cannot block crack/serials made by nsaneforum members(how talented they are :eek: )

This is what I call Democracy

I have seen Webroot review video on youtube, basically it failed dramatically. Though, it is a light AV, but what's use of light and fast if it can't protect the system.

Webroot were rulers in the AntiSpyware section with their Spy Sweeper. Unfortunately, that's does not seem to be actively developed anymore.

I myself hated Webroot until SecureAnywhere. XD Besides, as far as "failing" tests go, I read somewhere that they haven't merged the PrevX white-list yet. So it's all still developing. :)

There's a bug in each and every version of ESET (including the latest V6 Beta):-

Data

1. Assuming the Real-time file system protection is enabled for Removable media and

2. Assuming also that the Action to be taken after inserting removable media is configured at Automatic device scan

Bug

Given the above data, when a Nokia cellphone is inserted into the USB port via data cable and connected through Nokia PC Suite, ESET products fail to scan the MMC (which is 60% of the time blessed with an abundance of viruses on their marks and ready to fire off on auto-play.)

PS:

Not sure about other brands of cellphones.

Technology

Webroot were rulers in the AntiSpyware section with their Spy Sweeper. Unfortunately, that's does not seem to be actively developed anymore.

True, Spy Sweeper was their big give away, but no any more.

Technology

I myself hated Webroot until SecureAnywhere. XD Besides, as far as "failing" tests go, I read somewhere that they haven't merged the PrevX white-list yet. So it's all still developing. :)

Not sure merging with PrevX is good idea for Webroot. They really need to work on their signatures and zero-day protection. Though, Webroot is full internet security sutie, it lacks in protections, blocking (signed programmes) and allowing..But, than again every AV has some advantages and disadvantage, which they don't realize and recognize.. :(

Not sure merging with PrevX is good idea for Webroot. They really need to work on their signatures and zero-day protection. Though, Webroot is full internet security sutie, it lacks in protections, blocking (signed programmes) and allowing..But, than again every AV has some advantages and disadvantage, which they don't realize and recognize.. :(

Yeah, but that's the route they're taking - to develop everything on their own, and then add Prevx to that combo (Or so I understood).

As for the ignoring bit - better to have, then to have not. XD

Technology

Yeah, but that's the route they're taking - to develop everything on their own, and then add Prevx to that combo (Or so I understood).

As for the ignoring bit - better to have, then to have not. XD

I am suggesting Webroot is merging with PrevX, due to lack of customers in PervX. Since, only countable people have heard the name PrevX and also they didn't come up with new version in long time. Plus, HitmanPro also have removed PrevX from their scanning signatures. I personally, think Webroot will better of merging with Bitdefender.

AlienForce1

Technology

I personally, think Webroot will better of merging with Bitdefender.

- do you think that BitDefender could be interested ? :nono:

Technology

I personally, think Webroot will better of merging with Bitdefender.

- do you think that BitDefender could be interested ? :nono:

BitDefender only sells their engine to others av companies, they don't buy anything lol.

• 8 months later...

Where the hell are you!!!

Have got another bug (V6) for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Get you a$$ back here, lemark - we got some bugs for ya. :angry:

In fact, there are more bugs in the V6 than in a Bombay brothel. :(

Archived