How fast does your system start up?

rudrax

@RocketMan

Do you really think you can achieve 170MB/s with HDD? I don't think so. My SSD has max write speed of 175 MB/s, there is no way HDD can achieve that.

@everybody

Do you just run plain Windows and get that boot speed. How do you calculate? It seems to fast to be true. Kingsoft shows 34 seconds to me with SSD. I have 111 processes running when boot is finished. Before SSD I needed about 2 minutes for the same computer. My specs are in my signature, and I don't think this is so bad configuration.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 51
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

My system has always been borked...

Used that soluto program and first run => near 4 minutes

Then I swapped my RAM to the 2ndary dual channel and came out to be a little under 1 minute (58secs)

So one can assume that the first dual channel slot/s is borked since I noticed for that slot/s my startup definitely is much slower and you can feel it.

- - -

COmputers aren't for me, always giving me bad luck despite replacing the Video Card / RAM (As I'm having some BSOD's that I thought those 2 would fix) So if anything I"m just blaming my Mobo for my BSOD's. Oh well got ot live with it since no monies to buy me a new PC/Mobo.

majithia23

@mara

kjingsoft , boot scripts , bootracer , all show me a start up time of 40 Secs to 60 Secs on my netbook ( lightly loaded ),

and

60 Secs to 100 Secs on Laptop ( moderately loaded and when it was alive . )

on my desktop running XP ( moderately loaded ) , the start up is quite fast .

usually under 30 secs .

@RocketMan

Do you really think you can achieve 170MB/s with HDD? I don't think so. My SSD has max write speed of 175 MB/s, there is no way HDD can achieve that.

I never claimed that.

@mara

kjingsoft , boot scripts , bootracer , all show me a start up time of 40 Secs to 60 Secs on my netbook ( lightly loaded ),

and

60 Secs to 100 Secs on Laptop ( moderately loaded and when it was alive . )

on my desktop running XP ( moderately loaded ) , the start up is quite fast .

usually under 30 secs .

kind of weird guru..7 should be faster than xp and it is..

@majithia23

That's sounds about right.

@RocketMan

What then it's suppose to mean "Max. Internal Data Rate of 1300 Mbit". That's 170MB/s.

Cheers ;)

may be he was taking about transfer between internal HDD partitions

grouchysmurf

just maintain normal system status with routine house cleaning and routine tweaks . no over the top fancy stuff . and use the PC with some common sense and like a geek and it,your PC, shall forever be loyal and thankful to you.

my maintain laptop is dead , so right now on a XP desktop i get around 15 to 20 secs to start

and

on a single core netbook i get a start up time of around 40 to 50 secs .

other than that , i would highly recommend this great little app - Soluto https://www.soluto.com/

good tool .

Just a word on Soluto, at the beginning it is ok, but it should be noted that this program loads itself before windows,

in other words it is hard as hell to get rid of. I tested this program and it does give good info, but then it somehow got fubar'ed and I was forced to run a backup image to recover. Just my experience.

Anyway, here is my time running winXP Pro, a variable clock speed engineer sample processor, currently set to run at 3.0.

I am on an older NorthRidge Mother Board, and I call my system Frankenstien, just to give you an idea...

Posted Image

@ mara-

Somebody asked about my HDD and I posted a very brief device specification.

@ mara-

Somebody asked about my HDD and I posted a very brief device specification.

Hey that somebody is me.. :angry:

majithia23

mine taking 56 sec :huh: :wtf:

hey , i dont think thats bad .

why fret buddy !

i dont know buddy . but thats the way it is . !

Desktop running XP is Pentium 4 at 3.0 Ghz anf 1 gb ram . And the startup is usually quite fast . if being more realistic , then i would say it takes about 30 to 60 secs , but is mostly under 45 secs !

Laptop is Dual core AMD at 2.2 Ghz and 3 gb ram running Win 7 . And the time noted ranges between what i mentioned before . 60 secs to 100 secs . sometimes about 40 to 60 secs . but only sometimes .

Just a word on Soluto, at the beginning it is ok, but it should be noted that this program loads itself before windows,

in other words it is hard as hell to get rid of. I tested this program and it does give good info, but then it somehow got fubar'ed and I was forced to run a backup image to recover. Just my experience.

Anyway, here is my time running winXP Pro, a variable clock speed engineer sample processor, currently set to run at 3.0.

I am on an older NorthRidge Mother Board, and I call my system Frankenstien, just to give you an idea...

Posted Image

well , i am not running soluto atm .

but the last time i used it , it was still in beta stage and i liked how it did its job . the interface , execution , the results and the features were quite good and helpful .

and some of my non geek friends also benefited from it , after i recommended them this .

dont know what went wrong in your case . just a little bad luck i guess !

it installed , worked and removed well on my side .

on the other hand , did you try any uninstaller tool other than the program's inbuilt uninstaller to remove it ?

@majithia I never afraid of the boot time of the pc but i am very proud that it is still working as charm frm the last 12 yrs

majithia23

@majithia I never afraid of the boot time of the pc but i am very proud that it is still working as charm frm the last 12 yrs

damn 12 years and its still running !

call it what - An Old War Horse ! ;)

my XP desktop is about 8 years old . repaired 2 times . once minor fault and once major . but its still good enough !

on the other hand , the laptop died within 2.5 years !

majithia23

stop trolling Floppy . :P

Paste your boot times , not memes .....

Thanks for the info. I just checked mine, and it's 1008 Mbit/s. I understand now what it is. SSD's does not have this.

Cheers ;)

yes old war horse just tuned up sometimes got upgraded times like RAM and MOBO,Processor

Maxhedroom

I average well under 20 secs with about 8 start up apps and AV...without startups it's ~8 secs. Just got an Intel 520 120gb ssd and have a pair of Vetex 2s in Raid0 as well. Below is a bench...still trying to get my 4k r/w where it's supposed to be (~38 and 150MB/s).

post-37431-0-45387500-1337382998_thumb.j

grouchysmurf

mine taking 56 sec :huh: :wtf:

hey , i dont think thats bad .

why fret buddy !

i dont know buddy . but thats the way it is . !

Desktop running XP is Pentium 4 at 3.0 Ghz anf 1 gb ram . And the startup is usually quite fast . if being more realistic , then i would say it takes about 30 to 60 secs , but is mostly under 45 secs !

Laptop is Dual core AMD at 2.2 Ghz and 3 gb ram running Win 7 . And the time noted ranges between what i mentioned before . 60 secs to 100 secs . sometimes about 40 to 60 secs . but only sometimes .

Posted Image

well , i am not running soluto atm .

but the last time i used it , it was still in beta stage and i liked how it did its job . the interface , execution , the results and the features were quite good and helpful .

and some of my non geek friends also benefited from it , after i recommended them this .

dont know what went wrong in your case . just a little bad luck i guess !

it installed , worked and removed well on my side .

on the other hand , did you try any uninstaller tool other than the program's inbuilt uninstaller to remove it ?

I liked the info as well, it helped me identify where the slowest point of my system was.

Unfortunately, once it went south, my uninstaller did not even see it. I tried doing it by hand,

but that went wrong, so I just ghosted over my recover image. I was also on the beta run.

• 3 months later...

Archived