How fast does your system start up?

rudrax

Posted Image Posted Image

Hi guys, I am creating this thread to putting one thing in mind that How can we make our system to start up FAST..Here I am expecting opinions from all of the forum members. Will be preferable that you use the following format to state the data..for example I am showing mine:
  • Vaio notebook on i3-350m, 3GB, 500 GB (5400 rpm)
  • Hot start= around 20 sec, cold start= around 30 sec
  • optimizer= Kingsoft PC Doctor
  • Any extra that you use and wanna recommend (if any)
I believe that this thread will help all of us to improve our start up speed..

PS: Hot start means you start your PC in short time after shutting down
Cold start means you start your PC after a long time of shutting down

• Replies 51
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, it's always been slow to start, around 20-30 seconds. I could never believe the 6 second stories. xD

Running XP x32 on a dual core @1,6 GHz, 3GB of RAM, and not using any optimiser.

Hell, it's always been slow to start, around 20-30 seconds. I could never believe the 6 second stories. xD

Running XP x32 on a dual core @1,6 GHz, 3GB of RAM, and not using any optimiser.

I recommend you to use Kingsoft PC Doctor..it's free..You'll notice some significant performance improve.

Just exactly when do you start & end counting the seconds? When you turn the power switch on?... when the POST (Power-on Self Test) appears, or when the m'board screen logo shows up is when you start to count? And how about the "end" part? When is the "start" & "end"?

Technology

I recommend you to use Kingsoft PC Doctor..it's free..You'll notice some significant performance improve.

Used Kingston PC Doctor, didn't see any significant difference in the performance of the system...

Technology

Did you try defragmenting the hard drive and optimizing the registry, sometimes this can optimized the performance of the system especially in XP..

Mine is blazing fast and I think a lot depends on the HDD speed and the RAM. Those with SSDs will have a phenomenal rush and I guess my 16 GBs on a core i7 play a pivotal role, here. Those with a more modest hardware could gain substantially from the Black Viper configurations.

i think win7 is smart enough, use start/shutdown speedup may cause unstable, sometimes have to do more system restore.

Kingsoft PC Doctor has millions user in china, but it's dangerous to normal user. we love it just cos it always cause system problem here and there, this make us -- so called advanced user get more invite to dinner as payment.

:tooth:

Used Kingston PC Doctor, didn't see any significant difference in the performance of the system...

The system performance improvement is a bit difficult to feel, I felt though..and I felt the start up improvement significantly with that.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Just run msconfig and then disable unnescessary software from auto-starting. Then run services.msc and disable/set to manual services that you are not using/needed.

My Win8 laptop start up time - 6-8 secs

My Win 7 laptop start up time - 10-15 secs

Mine is blazing fast and I think a lot depends on the HDD speed and the RAM. Those with SSDs will have a phenomenal rush and I guess my 16 GBs on a core i7 play a pivotal role, here. Those with a more modest hardware could gain substantially from the Black Viper configurations.

So I did state the HDD rpm in the thread thinking it might impact..You got a 16 gig SSD?

i think win7 is smart enough, use start/shutdown speedup may cause unstable, sometimes have to do more system restore.

Kingsoft PC Doctor has millions user in china, but it's dangerous to normal user. we love it just cos it always cause system problem here and there, this make us -- so called advanced user get more invite to dinner as payment.

:tooth:

I guess, I am more or less an advanced user and I let Kingsoft PC doctor to do everything it suggests..Never got any problem till now..I know it has limited numbers of features till now, hope, will be added with future updates.

So I did state the HDD rpm in the thread thinking it might impact..You got a 16 gig SSD?
I'm on a 2 TB (7,200 rpm) SATA-III HDD with a Max. Internal Data Rate of 1300 Mbit/s.

I've seen a startup time of 8 seconds on some SSDs that I've installed on my Clients' systems. :showoff:

Just run msconfig and then disable unnescessary software from auto-starting. Then run services.msc and disable/set to manual services that you are not using/needed.

My Win8 laptop start up time - 6-8 secs

My Win 7 laptop start up time - 10-15 secs

Well, mod, you should warn the beginners about disabling any services in services.msc..And there are some services that should not be set manual..disabling/setting manually start, sometime leads to some unexpected situation.

Technology

I'm on a 2 TB (7,200 rpm) SATA-III HDD with a Max. Internal Data Rate of 1300 Mbit/s.

I've seen a startup time of 8 seconds on some SSDs that I've installed on my Clients' systems. :showoff:

Bro, you have build or u bought the system you mentioning...Dam, look impressive... :o

Technology

The system performance improvement is a bit difficult to feel, I felt though..and I felt the start up improvement significantly with that.

I also used Tuneup Utilities and other system utilities. Still didn't much difference, is maybe because my system is 5 years old and going towards dying soon... :unsure:

I also used Tuneup Utilities and other system utilities. Still didn't much difference, is maybe because my system is 5 years old and going towards dying soon... :unsure:

Ahh Tuneup and Auslogics just only the names..

Technology

Ahh Tuneup and Auslogics just only the names..

You took the words out of my mouth...They are merely are the names, and so much doesn't improve system performance..

Bro, you have build or u bought the system you mentioning...Dam, look impressive... :o

Thank you bro. that one was custom built. :)

Maxhedroom

The most noticeable and best upgrade one can make is to switch to an SSD as a boot drive. Crazy fast boots. You'll never go back. ;)

majithia23

just maintain normal system status with routine house cleaning and routine tweaks . no over the top fancy stuff . and use the PC with some common sense and like a geek and it,your PC, shall forever be loyal and thankful to you.

my maintain laptop is dead , so right now on a XP desktop i get around 15 to 20 secs to start

and

on a single core netbook i get a start up time of around 40 to 50 secs .

other than that , i would highly recommend this great little app - Soluto https://www.soluto.com/

good tool .

Archived