[Solved] Makesoft USB manager

rudrax

Guys, I have installed Makesoft's USB manager..ok..its cool..I used it and now I don't want it in my PC..

But the problem is, it don't have an uninstaller nor it has its entry in programs..

So, how to do it?Posted Image

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check whether it can be uninstalled under 'Add and remove programs.'

If not, use a 3rd party uninstaller like Total Uninstall Pro, Revo Uninstaller or any other uninstaller of your personal choice.

If not, use a 3rd party uninstaller like Total Uninstall Pro, Revo Uninstaller or any other uninstaller of your personal choice.

By Programs I meant 'add or remove programs'

It doesn't contain an uninstaller in the program directory in C:\ drive

i think ur antivirus might have detected Uninstall.exe as a virus..dat may b reason uninstall.exe is missing..

ok try to repair/reinstall ur software. then uninstall it using uninstall.exe..

Install it again in a virtual machine with tthe same OS, but this time do monitor the install with a tool like Total Uninstall or some similar. Then you will know in detail what changes have been made to your system and you will able to uninstall without traces.

i think ur antivirus might have detected Uninstall.exe as a virus..dat may b reason uninstall.exe is missing..

ok try to repair/reinstall ur software. then uninstall it using uninstall.exe..

Well thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that could be a problem..If my AV detected that as a threat, it might have notified me..and I checked the virus chest..no sign of uninstaller there..I think, such software comes with such modules for security reasons..if one could uninstall that easily, what's its purpose then!

Install it again in a virtual machine with tthe same OS, but this time do monitor the install with a tool like Total Uninstall or some similar. Then you will know in detail what changes have been made to your system and you will able to uninstall without traces.

Well, I don't have virtualbox or such heavy software installed and I don't want too..thanks anyway.

By Programs I meant 'add or remove programs'

It doesn't contain an uninstaller in the program directory in C:\ drive

Yes, that is nothing new, I see it quite often. Just use any 3rd party uninstaller - these operate beyond the 'Add or remove programs' and are not dependent on the uninstaller within the Application. Hence, absence of the built-in uninstaller does not matter and makes nil difference.

Well, I don't have virtualbox or such heavy software installed and I don't want too..thanks anyway.

Then you can try installing again in your own system and monitor changes to the registry and file system with Sysinternals Process Monitor. You can minimize the noise closing all non essential programs an using filters in procmon. This method is not as clear as monitoring a clean install but it shoud help, and procmon is very light on resources.

• 2 months later...
SnakeMasteR

Posted Image

What's new:

• Fixed some bugs with compatibility;
  • Fixed setup of USB Manager;
  • Added uninstall of USB Manager;
  • Added facebook and twitter buttons in program;
So i would install the newest version 1.95 and after that remove it with the included uninstall routine.

[solved] :troll:

Archived