Cloning My OS

broascadilie

broascadilie

Hi to everyone ! I have a question.Wat i want to do is to clone my entire OS(Wind 7 x64),making an ISO or something like that with everything from settings,programs ......I want to do this because atm my OS works well,is in good condition,so when something brokes or becomes slow,then i wood want to use that ISO to restorit back.Or for ex. when the time wil come to install Wind,will be posible to some how use that ISO ?

Note !

I dont want to clone my entire drive,only my OS with settings,programs and all that

Is there a tool,software,app to do that ?

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There"s a lot of tools that make backup (or ghost), Acronis True Image for example...

;)

broascadilie

Ok,ok but with those tools,i can clone ONLY and ONLY my OS ? ( ofcourse with all the aditional installed apps )

simplest thing to do is use Microsoft's system back up tool. When you use it and run the MS install CD, you have the option of restoring from a backup image. That way you don't need to install then do a restore which could corrupt your registry settings.

I have done that a couple times with my laptops

broascadilie

I have 11 partitions.I will test that xxclone

You should use a backup software that has a disaster recovery feature which will enable you to recover windows or data.

You start by creating an ISO image, which you can burn onto a CD or DVD and boot from to enter Disaster Recovery environment and restore your system.

The Disaster Recovery selection will backup your entire system drive which includes the following folders every 24 hours:

Windows Folder,Program Files, User Folders, System State. To Provide up to date complete system protection in case of failure.

Use a software like Genie timeline. Very Powerful solution

Acronis True Home Image will CLONE your OS, settings and programs sector by sector. Also your other partitions, depending on your HDD's or SDD's data size it could take a while but not painfully long.

I have 11 partitions.

I'd prefer the Acronis range.

BTW, just curious; what's the reason for having 11 partitions. :o

That's a sure recipe for disaster.

broascadilie

BTW, just curious; what's the reason for having 11 partitions. :o

That's a sure recipe for disaster.

Why ? Can tell me why ?

Technology

I have 11 partitions.I will test that xxclone

Bro, that's alot of partitions..Why you need so many partitions.. :huh:

Rocketman is right, that is the recipe for disaster...

Did you Norton Ghost..

broascadilie

I tryed Norton Ghost ! Didnt liked ! I sticked with Acronis ......Allready made a back-up of my OS ! And i have 11 partitions,because i have a big HD ( 1TB ) and i've read that a HD with many partitions works better and i like to be organized,not to have all in 1 partition.....U still didnt told me why is wrong to have 11 partitions :D

• Administrator

The max partitions I would recommend is 5. More the partitions, more the system has to take care of it, plus more time it takes for disk to read things. It just increases the loads and slows down everything.

I too like things organized, hence I use 5. More than that it's just over-kill (some may say that for 5 too).

Archived