Need help puting Ubunbtu on a computer

ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50

I removed Windows XP from one of my computers I what to have Ubuntu as my OS on that on, I used one of my other computers to so that I could burn a copy of Ubuntu on a cd. The problem is that when I made a copy it was a compressed file.I tried and put the cd in the computer that I want Ubuntu on and nothing happens. I reason for removing XP is that I am not able to get the correct drivers for that model any more. I need help in putting Ubuntu on this computer. When I boot up the cd nothing happens... I would be greatful for any help you can give me. thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do you mean by "when I made a copy it was a compressed file"? If you mean that you burned a rar/zip/7z/etc file to the disc, then you'll need to extract the image from the compressed file first and then burn that to a disc. Also, make sure your BIOS is set to have the optial drive as the first boot device.

Technology

I removed Windows XP from one of my computers I what to have Ubuntu as my OS on that on, I used one of my other computers to so that I could burn a copy of Ubuntu on a cd. The problem is that when I made a copy it was a compressed file.I tried and put the cd in the computer that I want Ubuntu on and nothing happens. I reason for removing XP is that I am not able to get the correct drivers for that model any more. I need help in putting Ubuntu on this computer. When I boot up the cd nothing happens... I would be greatful for any help you can give me. thanks in advance.

I getting bit confused, how come you didn't burn the cd with iso. file. All the OS files are iso. files...I will suggest by using another computer try making USB bootable to install Ubuntu..Everything should go alright. Bro, do bear in mind, Ubuntu also sometimes doesn't fines all the system drives.

ROMANTICGUY50

I downloaded Ubuntu from their website and when I download it. It showed up as a Winrar file. I tried taking Winrar out of the computer computer and it just showed up as a white square that said Windows could not open that file. I have only one computer that has a CD burner in it and that the one I had to use

Technology

I downloaded Ubuntu from their website and when I download it. It showed up as a Winrar file. I tried taking Winrar out of the computer computer and it just showed up as a white square that said Windows could not open that file. I have only one computer that has a CD burner in it and that the one I had to use

Ok, check out this link..When you start downloading the Ubuntu file, the windows will appear (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386).. Type (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso)..Hope this helps

Technology

Ok, check out this link or again you can download from Ubuntu website..When you start downloading the Ubuntu file, the windows will appear (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386).. Type (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso)..Hope this helps

Ok, check out this link or again you can download from Ubuntu website..When you start downloading the Ubuntu file, the windows will appear (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386).. Type (Ubuntu-12.04-desktop-i386.iso)..Hope this helps

first check the option of the folders and put them to show the extension of know files!

them get an app to burn the ubuntu .iso

i suggest imgburn. winrar does recgonize iso files as an compressed file nut that is do the winrar config being set to assume .iso extension as a compressed file.

ROMANTICGUY50

first check the option of the folders and put them to show the extension of know files!

them get an app to burn the ubuntu .iso

i suggest imgburn. winrar does recgonize iso files as an compressed file nut that is do the winrar config being set to assume .iso extension as a compressed file.

I was finally able to get the file to download and am downloading on the computer The other File of Ubuntu showed that it was damaged This time it did not happen and its working fine Thanks for all of your help.

Archived