Diskeeper 12 (Sneak Peek)

Pedrito

Posted Image

Condusiv posted an image of the new Diskeeper 12 interface on their Facebook page. Check it out!

• Replies 30
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Woa!

Amazing interface, really liked it. :D

I hope it get released not very late. ;)

Thanks for the article. ;)

Looks awfull. Iobit style :lol:

Yeah, but it's much better than the current interface. :lol:

If one looks at the latest Condusiv V12 and also the Photoshop CS6, one would observe a leaning towards a Windows 8 coloring backdrop; the darkish blue and honestly the eyes are led to believe that this new visual is looking good - I honestly believe it is better than the existing one.

Tweety.Abd

I like the UI, but I hope they have a lighter skin, I don't really like dark colors.

I like the new interface, and I like the dark colour. It's better for my eyes. :)

I hope the interface doesn't show repeated information like the other versions, and of course I hope the new version is better than ever! :D

• Administrator

Added a larger image and moved to Software Chat. I know it's news like, but it's not exactly a proper news article.

The UI feels better than the previous one. Honestly, Diskeeper in particular, I'm more concerned about what is going to improve in functioning backend than on the UI side. It has been a resource problem every time I installed it, something that I want to see changed in this version, in addition to defrag methods and effectiveness. In the end, what matters in disk defraggers is how well it performs. If one change I wanna see for UI is to see which file is placed where on the disk, something that current Diskeeper doesn't show as far as I remember.

I really thought they would rename the product too.

You're right DKT27! I noticed that on the previous version(s), when it's defragmenting it has an impact on system performance, also the defragmentation wasn't the best. My programs weren't starting so fast like on some other versions before... Let's wait and see. :)

Technology

interface looks nice...It more looks like antivirus interface...Hope it works better then previous version.

• Administrator

You're right DKT27! I noticed that on the previous version(s), when it's defragmenting it has an impact on system performance, also the defragmentation wasn't the best. My programs weren't starting so fast like on some other versions before... Let's wait and see. :)

It took considerable amount of CPU while I was gaming or was browsing, slowing things down instead of improving system speed. Something that I want to happen when the computer is idle, not while it's being used. Other complain I have is that it just refused to defrag 2GB+ files no matter what settings were used. In addition to totally denying to defrag my C: drive. But anyway, I do expect it see something better.

hackerz14

i like the new interface and design... but since it is a hard disk utilities it should consider adding temperature monitoring and will stop defragging when a temp is too high and should also add smart attributes ! ! !

StealthyBoi

It took considerable amount of CPU while I was gaming or was browsing, slowing things down instead of improving system speed. Something that I want to happen when the computer is idle, not while it's being used. Other complain I have is that it just refused to defrag 2GB+ files no matter what settings were used. In addition to totally denying to defrag my C: drive. But anyway, I do expect it see something better.

Isnt there a option to chose how cpu it should use o3o?

AlexKlein

@DKT27 and @Pedrito Diskeeper 12 includes our InvisiTasking technology, which performs defrag tasks using only idle resources. There's actually a live graph within the software that displays this. See here - http://www.condusiv....g/invisitasking

-Alex

Condusiv Technologies

when can one expect diskeeper 12 alex?

Action > Configure Diskeeper > Diskeeper Configuration Properties... > Defragmentation Options > (scroll down) CPU Priority (Highest/High/Normal/Low/Lowest)

Please note, this applies to a manual pass only.

To tweak the auto-defrag CPU resource:-

Action > Configure Diskeeper > Diskeeper Configuration Properties... > Defragmentation Options > Automatic Defragmentation Options > (check/enable) Efficient > (uncheck/disable) Consolidate directories on all volumes.

StealthyBoi
Action > Configure Diskeeper > Diskeeper Configuration Properties... > Defragmentation Options > (scroll down) CPU Priority (Highest/High/Normal/Low/Lowest)

What's manual pass ?.?

SnakeMasteR

The interface looks ok but the icons, i used such icons for autoruns in multi-dvd's where some

games fit on and that was ages before. The icons are very ugly and should be replaced. :unsure:

This site is much better, the colors are ok.

Posted Image

What's manual pass ?.?
The 'pass' is PerfectDisk language for 'defragmentation.'

Manual pass = manual defragmentation. :)

StealthyBoi

What's manual pass ?.?
The 'pass' is PerfectDisk language for 'defragmentation.'

Manual pass = manual defragmentation. :)

Oh i didnt no that thanks :D but i dont use manual pass I use auto pass :)

@RocketMan I have the option "Efficient" unticked and Diskeeper still has a performance hit on my computer! -_-

@RocketMan I have the option "Efficient" unticked and Diskeeper still has a performance hit on my computer! -_-

I'd try running Check Disk on the affected volume and if feasible excluding the executables from the security system. :)

Archived