[Solved] Microsoft office

rudrax

I need a help from nsaners regarding MS office..

When I install MS office, I noticed that it slows down my PC noticeably..I impacts all the sides like, runtime performance/responsiveness, start up speed (even visibly nothing is running from office on the start up) etc. MS office installs many components with its installation but I need only 3 components

• WORD
  • EXCEL
  • POWERPOINT
Nothing else then the above.

So, now I wanna ask,

• How to instal the above components only?
  • If installing components separately is not possible, any alternate way for that?
If anyone capable can extract the standalone components from the office (2007, 2010) package, it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Don't consider it as a personal request, 'cause, I know there are many seeking this but not told/thought yet.

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• WORD
  • EXCEL
  • POWERPOINT

So, now I wanna ask,

• If installing components separately is not possible, any alternate way for that?
Just select Custom installation and then opt only for the 3 above components from the dropdown menu.

Technology

If you are using professional or business version of office 2010 or 2007. The system tend to become slow, however, this is rarely happens. I think you might install office twice (2010 and 2007) or you might have install various versions of office.

Like the RocketMan mentioned above, try to do custom install of the office 2010. But I will also suggest you to uninstall the office first, and then make clean installation. To be on the safe side…

• WORD
  • EXCEL
  • POWERPOINT

So, now I wanna ask,

Just select Custom installation and then opt only for the 3 above components from the dropdown menu.
Never noticed there can be a custom installation option..Well, I'll try that..If I don't find any custom installation option, I'll kick your butts

If you are using professional or business version of office 2010 or 2007. The system tend to become slow, however, this is rarely happens. I think you might install office twice (2010 and 2007) or you might have install various versions of office.

Like the RocketMan mentioned above, try to do custom install of the office 2010. But I will also suggest you to uninstall the office first, and then make clean installation. To be on the safe side…

Mate, I know that the overlapping of similar product causes problems..I was using the professional version BTW..

@Rocketman..custom installation exists..thanks for bringing the point out..

And, yeah, I spare your butts!

Archived