Any normal system cleaner/manager out there?

Alanon

So, the other day, I tested the AdvancedSys care with antivirus, and it did what i hate most - set to start automatically, started some turbo booster-tweaker-process modifier crap. That's the samereason I ditched TuneUp all those years ago. I've settled for jv16 power tools for some time now. however, I have to use ccleaner for most of my apps and mozilla, as jv16 is crappy in history deletion. I've never particularly trusted the deinstaller (maybe I'm wrong?), and use Full Uninstaller, and for all things startup, terminating active processes and services, I use my HIPS. So I use about 4 different management apps. XD

But I get to control when, what, and why. Now I hate to pile up programs, so my question would be, is there a rockin' system maintainer out there that doesn't infest the PC with advice I don't want, or at least, is there a great reg/temp/history/app cleaner better than my current combo?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Depending on your system, Windows 7 / Windows Vista / WinXP Manager (all three frontpaged) should do for you.

Depending on your system, Windows 7 / Windows Vista / WinXP Manager (all three frontpaged) should do for you.

Really? Yamicosoft? Hm... Never tested it before. Will try!

@hackerz14: Very intrigued about JetClean! Thanks for the tip!

Is there a thread on the forum about system cleaners and their good components or something?

• Administrator

Really? Yamicosoft? Hm... Never tested it before. Will try!

Is there a thread on the forum about system cleaners and their good components or something?

Yes. I'll also recommend Glary Utilities.

No, I don't think so.

windows 7 manager has done so many great things for me(easily handles all the issues you've mentioned)

....had to use another for uninstalling software thou...w7m uninstaller simply just have stuff enlist in there that imo shouldn't be really in there..

but over all i believe it is the best... and don't bother with glary and iobit..they're just bullshit

haven't tried jv16 yet so i cant compare w7m to it.. so idk if switching from jv16 to w7m will actually be an improvement

another one big factor i think is that it has a native 64-bit version

2nd...it also has a very handy baloon tooltip whenever you hover the mouse pointer to a button you're not familiar with

w7m advanced startup also helped me delete stubborn reg keys...(disabletaskmangr)

i wouldn't say my combo is better than yours but feel free to try it if you like

windows 7 manager

ccleaner

revo uninstaller pro

PC tools registry mechanic (note pls disable the task after installation)

windows 7 manager is worth. It has excellent tools and features.Once you know its capabilities the program will become the benchmark for you.

So, based on my going through the programs up until now, JetClean takes the cake. It's clearly modelled after AdvancedSys Care, but wothout all the crap added. It has a better reg cleaner than ccleaner, an ok temp files cleaner, and a sound ram and net optimizer (should someone need it). So, I replaced ccleaner almost immediately. I'll have to see about the reg cleaner in jv16 and Jet, and I'll post back my oppinions, but for now, I can most warmly recommend.

I find Glary at th verge of being blown up, and I don't need half of its functions. Win 7 manager is obviously the richest of them all, but I just won't use 80% of the functions, as I have them in Malware defender. So, feel free to test Jet for yourselves, and post back!

Archived