Font Problem

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Yeah I tend to have a messed up PC quite often.

And I only just formatted my system less than a week ago due to BSoD's.

But now another problem that I've encountered back in '09 {Reread those threads I made about it}, but sadly those methods aren't really working out for me.

Win 7 64-bit

Issue:

For my fonts, let's say if I install a font and it's already "installed" (Shows up in teh Windows/fonts folder). I remember in the past my issue was that the Font would disappear from view. BUT this time around rather than disappearing it actually Duplicates it but adds _0 / _1 / _2 etc.

So this can be an issue in regard to fansubbing since I'm updating fonts at times depending on the project, and not too sure how to resolve this issue.

I tried using both FixFontFolders + FontExpert2010 (Can't find a 2011 version except for a Russian one that i can't understand), and although both were able to detect/delete corrupt/invalid fonts, didn't resolve the duplication when installing fonts issue.

Also another thing I noticed, although I doubt affects anything is, for the Fonts folder, in the past I recall that there was a little A symbol on the bottom left/right? corner of the folder to show that it's the Font Folder. Apparently, mine disappeared. Not sure if that affects anything though.

So yup, I don't know if anyone else has ever had this issue, spent a long while Googling for answers and sadly, there aren't many that are actually helpful, as most seem to point out very common sense things that doesn't actually help much.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework. Most application draw upon it for rendering purposes. In fact, a good portion of eye candy in Windows 7 is a result of Microsoft .NET Framework.

SacredCultivator
Hmm I should have the latest version I hope. Version 4 or something the last time I checked.

Yeah I tend to have a messed up PC quite often.

And I only just formatted my system less than a week ago due to BSoD's.

But now another problem that I've encountered back in '09 {Reread those threads I made about it}, but sadly those methods aren't really working out for me.

Win 7 64-bit

Issue:

For my fonts, let's say if I install a font and it's already "installed" (Shows up in teh Windows/fonts folder). I remember in the past my issue was that the Font would disappear from view. BUT this time around rather than disappearing it actually Duplicates it but adds _0 / _1 / _2 etc.

So this can be an issue in regard to fansubbing since I'm updating fonts at times depending on the project, and not too sure how to resolve this issue.

I tried using both FixFontFolders + FontExpert2010 (Can't find a 2011 version except for a Russian one that i can't understand), and although both were able to detect/delete corrupt/invalid fonts, didn't resolve the duplication when installing fonts issue.

Also another thing I noticed, although I doubt affects anything is, for the Fonts folder, in the past I recall that there was a little A symbol on the bottom left/right? corner of the folder to show that it's the Font Folder. Apparently, mine disappeared. Not sure if that affects anything though.

So yup, I don't know if anyone else has ever had this issue, spent a long while Googling for answers and sadly, there aren't many that are actually helpful, as most seem to point out very common sense things that doesn't actually help much.

Did you try any utilities on the nsane website to fix the problem..

SacredCultivator

^Such as?

Sorry only one I use is CCleaner/Win7Manager.

BUT I don't know what I did to make things worse to wear, luckily since it's been within a week of formatting (This being the 2nd) I sorta had no choice but to format (Luckily this time around able to save everything I need to my storage drive)

So after formatting is done, I'll check to see if the Font issue remains or if it's fixed.

Sheesh, been a while since I've had to format and the one time I do, I end up having to do it again. PC's hate me ><

Will update whenever my system is back up and running.

maybe there's more to the messed up system than meets the eye.. have you tried running this to check on any inconsistencies?

back when I still didn't have my system reformatted, it was so messed up that trying to fix the inconsistencies seemed futile.. but after the reinstall, everything was baby smooth and I did try to verify the consistencies from time to time.. luckily none yet so far.. B)

SacredCultivator

Well formatted and not much luck in terms of the Font issue being fixed. Oh well I shall just live with it.

As I find it funny that this time around, says tehre are 611 Fonts BUT if I "select all" and "delete" it asks if I'm sure I want to delete 826 fonts =P

Well formatted and not much luck in terms of the Font issue being fixed. Oh well I shall just live with it.

As I find it funny that this time around, says tehre are 611 Fonts BUT if I "select all" and "delete" it asks if I'm sure I want to delete 826 fonts =P

Did you try deleting the fonts...it is possible it might be corrupted.Once you delete the font, you can re install the font again. You can get free fonts from dafont.com

Archived