Outgoing Connection from uTorrent . ? ? ?

majithia23

whats up guys ...

just today i noticed the Firewall reporting an outgoing connection from uTorrent to I.P.--- 95.73.212.164 .

i checked up and its some place in Russia .

this has happened thrice , with 2 instances occurring day before yesterday . dont remember what the previous I.P.s were .

never happened before , so i was wondering whether its normal for uTorrent to make an outgoing connection and that too to Russia ?? :think:

what do you advice ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Were you downloading/seeding? If so, why shouldn't it make any connections? Or am I missing something. :)

@D

yes of course i was downloading something ,

but my concern is because its not the first time i m downloading anything from uTorrent ,

and its not the first time i installed a Firewall or configured it new with new set of settings .

everything is the same as it was 6 months back , and although not a heavy torrent user , but i do download some random stuff just now and then ,

so why does now out of now where does utorrent need to connect out to some place !

or is it normal for the uTorrent.exe to itself connect to some place while downloading/seeding ?

either something is fishy or its got to do something with uTorrent settings ..

if your .torrent file has trackers that are based out of russia, then yes you will connect to russia to get information from the trackers

whats up guys ...

just today i noticed the Firewall reporting an outgoing connection from uTorrent to I.P.--- 95.73.212.164 .

i checked up and its some place in Russia .

this has happened thrice , with 2 instances occurring day before yesterday . dont remember what the previous I.P.s were .

never happened before , so i was wondering whether its normal for uTorrent to make an outgoing connection and that too to Russia ?? :think:

what do you advice ?

Did u try to change I.P address. I will not advice to change the setting from the network itself but rather download software that hides I.P address. There alot on nsane website,,,,

@technology

no i never change my IP . and i doubt if changing my IP will address the issue.

@nuthut

i guess you might be right !

@technology

@nuthut

@technology

@nuthut

Nowadays, torrent is on high supervision, it might good idea to change I.P address just in case....

Nowadays, torrent is on high supervision, it might good idea to change I.P address just in case....

Changing IPs wont be necessary for him 'cause where he comes from nobody can screw him for internet misdemeanor unless and until he indulges in an act of terrorism. ;)

Changing IPs wont be necessary for him 'cause where he comes from nobody can screw him for internet misdemeanor unless and until he indulges in an act of terrorism. ;)

thanks for your concern Tech mate ,

but Rocketman is kinda right .

over here pirating is not on the list of priorities to be looked out for by the ISP s .

as of now its all cool . !

some private ISPs though i have seen , do throttle the P2P traffic , but nothing more than that .

the primary concern for the ISPs is the monthly expense they charge you .

very particular , almost all of them , when it comes to payments of bills or data exceeding from default subscribed amounts . when they wont back foot form snapping the connection the moment you default !!

Archived